Alpine Type X question ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

realdeal23x
10+ year member

florida
Hey i have a power bass asa 800 2-chanel amp hooked up with a memphis m3 500rms 12" sub. The sub keeps blowing because i think the amp puts out to much pwoer which is good i guess. The question is that i want to get a new 12sub and was thinkin alpine type x which is about 1000rms 3000watts and if i bridge it will it sound good and power the sub enough to where i would get alot of bass but not enough to blow it out. And also is bridging it going to give me the most power? It says itll give 800rms bridged which would be good im thinking because its 200 rms under the 1000rms limit the alpine type x has??

how do you "keep blowing" a sub? do you get new subs and blow them, or are you talking about the same sub? and it wouldnt blow if you didn't have the gain maxxed out on the amp.

you need some learning before you blow up a very expensive sub.

You should also post more information on your setup...specs on the amp and sub would be nice, I know there out there on the internet, but you will get help a lot of faster if you provide that stuff up front.

the gain is not even half way up so i dont know about that being the problem ..... and obviously when i say it keeps blowing it means i blew one the replaced it with the same one lol im not a pro i know just basic stuff about car systems i just wanna know what you guys think i should do i only want one 12 for my amp that'll get me the most bang for 1 speaker and with the amp im workin with. i have it in a regular ported box in a altima coupe, the specs to my amp are SPECIFICATIONS:

• 4 ohm Power : 200W x 2

• 2 ohm Power : 400W x 2

• 4 ohm Mono Power : 800W x 1

• Peak Power : 1600W

• Total Harmonic Distortion :

• Frequency Response : 20Hz - 22,000Hz

• S/N Ratio : >94 dB/W/M

• Damping Factor : >150

• Input Sensitivity : 0.5 - 4.0 volts

• Crossover Slope : 12 dB

• High-Pass Crossover Freq : 40Hz - 250Hz

• Low-Pass Crossover Freq : 40Hz - 250Hz

• Variable Subwoofer EQ : 0/+18 dB

• Subwoofer EQ Frequency : 40Hz

budget under under $500...box specs would be DIMENSIONS: 18" Wide x 16" Deep x 13.25" High and its a SINGLE 12" SUBWOOFER SUB BOX VENTED PORTED ENCLOSURE.

port height/length? (to find out what it's tuning is)

just an //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif i don't know **** about boxes. but i do know that a pre-fab generic box is probably gonna sound like ass.

yea the box isnt anything special it basicly came with the install.

the port vented slot is 13 1/2 x 2 inchs and its 13/1/2 deep in the box. its on the right side of the box going vertical.. looks like a long skinny rectangle.

3/4" American MDF wood

Volume is 1.49 Cubic Feet

12" Woofer Hole Is 11-3/8" In Diameter

Speaker Mounting Depth is 13"

also are you saying that i can only get a 2ohm speaker for my amp if i bridge it .
i'm saying that your amp in bridged mode can only go down to 4 ohms. anything below 4 ohms will make the amp go into "protect" mode. unless those specs are incomplete and it can actually go to 2 ohms. idk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.