American bass Godzilla 12

Participant count
  • Participant list
Finger-TIP functionality is the ability to control those functions from the steering wheel with your fingertips. ;)

No worries, JL is great, but overpriced in my book - for the price of one W7 you can get 2 great Di or Daytons, 4 CDT's, lots of other options.. The key is knowing what is and isn't worth it. The Dayton is a great driver, often overlooked and PE is a great company to buy from.

Couple of drivers that often come up ar from CDT and Stereo Integrity.

These come highly recommended $349 to $419 depending on the dust cap option.

THese are pretty exceptional for what and where you can get them to play $499 ea.

May want to consider 4 of these too $249 ea.

@audiobaun has some great sub options from American bass that he has worked with and will chime in I'm sure.

Selection of a sub amplifier will largley depend on the subs you decide on. I still lean towards The stinger line for budget conscious setups, they overperform in every test I've ever watched, and usually substantially.

IN the 2k realm

$200

$220 to $270

I've personably used these and they are rock solid performers at over 2500 watts $349

$370

$425

$600

Many in that $350-$750 range when you get ready and have picked out your subs. Even space savers like the Taramps, Banda, Stetsom, Soundigital full bridge amps are great options.
It’s amazing how I saw finger print lol. My bad.

I'm dyslexic, ever heard of D.A.M.?

Mothers against dyslexia!

I write tow for two all the time!
That’s hilarious and unfortunate at the same time. I sleep about three hours a night with a newborn and a 9 year old with a broken arm… damn trampolines plus owning my own company and partners with the family business. So I generally am just mentally exhausted to be able to read correctly.

I'm running sql-15's and I've heard the 12's...both are great subs...I'm not sure if the 10's are shipping yet let alone any kind of review on them

That’s hilarious and unfortunate at the same time. I sleep about three hours a night with a newborn and a 9 year old with a broken arm… damn trampolines plus owning my own company and partners with the family business. So I generally am just mentally exhausted to be able to read correctly.
Oh man, been there done that, never again! Mine are all grown and gone - It's all worth it and it does get better!

Oh man, been there done that, never again! Mine are all grown and gone - It's all worth it and it does get better!
That’s why I want boom boom in my truck. I spend a lot of time in my truck and building things is something I enjoy. Yes it’s a work truck. Yes it’s unnecessary. Yes I still want boom
Boom

Hmmm I just realized American bass is 20 miles from me…. Maybe I’ll ride up there and take a looksy
So for me... I would run a pair of A. Bass Hawk 10s or 12s, in there on 3k or a Single Hawk 15 on 2k. Tuned from 30-32 HTZ will be more than enough for that truck. Even the Elite series 12s or a single 15 will slamm. But for $400 bucks on a CT Sounds 2k the XFL 10s will slamm in 4.0 @32htz.(I have an enclosure I like to swapp my XFL 10s and S.Qubed HDS310s out in).
Two XFL tens will slamm,and sound dammned good in there. People dont give 10 inch subs enough credit for serving the sub stage. I think for the $coin, those XFL 10s on a CT Sounds 2k will be operfect, and run the CT Sounds CT150.4 on all Polk MM Series components. Done!! Cone area usually rules, with proper tuning and power. Those would be the A.Bass subs Id run in that truck. Thats me though

DC Audio makes a great shallow 10" sub also. Something to think about, since these will be in an under seat box. And Rusty is a great guy, with great CS.
He stated that he will be removing the larger side of his rear seats that opens up some great opportunities for a better selection for a sub stage

Hmmm I just realized American bass is 20 miles from me…. Maybe I’ll ride up there and take a looksy
I dont recommend getting any of theyre components or Coax speakers.
get All Polk MM series or even the DB series are very nice for the $coin or CDT HD Series components even with upstage is fantastic.,and ENJOY!! Sound deadner is recommended for the front doors for sure. Id put that in the Budget Its not all that expensive and you will have the door panels off more than likely

2021 Chevy Silverado crew cab trailboss
Factory hu
Yes dsp
No deadening
Only thing I can do is build the box and laminate it in the colors I want.
Truck cabs can be hard to get the bass correct with. Enclosure type and placement matters quite a bit in trucks. AB subs are fairly beefy and heavy duty, ready to be slightly abused type of subs from my experience. They're great to push hard and get loud. I've installed some AB back in the day and designed for a lot of AB products for over a decade, I like them. Good value for the money, IMO. I've made cars have wheel flex with AB subs (bass making the wheels wobble).

If you want good bass in a truck, you really have to do the box correctly. Like if you want a Godzilla level woofer, I have some serious suggestions for you on how to do a box. I've done trucks a lot and gotten pretty good at them because I grew up with and around trucks. Extended cab and crew cabs can be very difficult to get proper bass, decent bandwidth and peaks.

Last edited:
OP, this is one of my favorite things to do with 12's in pickups if you can remove a 40 from the rear seat:

I am not designing currently, so don't ask me to please, and hopefully you can see those. Designs and builds, both series 6th for about 1500w 12's, you can size it for a Godzilla, it would be bigger for Godzilla, but this works very well for actual proper pressure bass, but only if you're wanting like super loud bass.

Bob from AB is cool, if he still owns or runs it or whatever. You can call him or AB, and they've answered all the questions I've ever had for them.

And bandpasses sometimes work well in work vehicles because the sub is protected. I've done them in trucks and vans like that.

Last edited:
Welll…… I went to a local audio shop and the guy working there let me sit in his driver seat with his setup. Needless to say I was totally set on spl until I listened to his 2 shollow mount jl 10s. The bass could be felt in my chest but was so clean and crisp I instantly fell in love. I know it’s a far cry from what I originally was talking about getting but after seeing the stage 5 MTI custom box with 2 JLtw3 I pulled the trigger on that set up along with a jl amp. I really wanted to build my own box but damn this stage 5 is sexy. You only live once my wife said so next Thursday she’s getting installed. I appreciate all your advice because without it I would be rocking the mojo 8s and most likely have some regrets.

Welll…… I went to a local audio shop and the guy working there let me sit in his driver seat with his setup. Needless to say I was totally set on spl until I listened to his 2 shollow mount jl 10s. The bass could be felt in my chest but was so clean and crisp I instantly fell in love. I know it’s a far cry from what I originally was talking about getting but after seeing the stage 5 MTI custom box with 2 JLtw3 I pulled the trigger on that set up along with a jl amp. I really wanted to build my own box but damn this stage 5 is sexy. You only live once my wife said so next Thursday she’s getting installed. I appreciate all your advice because without it I would be rocking the mojo 8s and most likely have some regrets.
Rock-on!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...