Amp and Wiring Question

jhind1

I'd just like to thank anyone who reads this as I am a newbie to this website but I have installed stereo's and wired my fair share of amp's and subs. I came across a problem that I have never seen before.

I was wiring up an amp with 2 10" Sony subs. The amp I was using was a crossfire 1000W. I originally hooked the subs up and only one of them was working. I tested and found out the amp was the bad component. I went out and now have an alpine amp 1000W mono channel. The power is currently working on the amp but when I hookup the subs they do not work at all. There was no noise, they just do not work. I am not sure if there is no power getting to the subs or not. I was going to bridge those together but neither sub works at all.

Has anyone come across this problem and how do I fix?

Thank You

On the first amp I found out both subs were working due to I tried each of them on the set of contacts taht worked. I know the subs both work. I also double checked the wires inside the box. It pretty much baffled me when I started doing it.

The only thing I can think of is maybe when I originally hooked up the subs to the new amp that they went right then and there. Wouldn't I have heard some sort of sound that it went bad if that was the case though?

I have even went back and double checked all of my wiring and everything is correct.

Get a DMM and see if any voltage is going to the subs. Then, double check the wiring. If they are getting power, and wired up correctly, your subs are F'ed.

If the amp has power then I am thinking it has to be something with teh subs. i have an extra set of subs, I can try those and make sure the wiring is correct. It is just stumping me because I had them working.

What happens if I am not actually getting any power to the subs, would that mean the amp is bad. I mean the amp has the power going to it as you can tell by the text light.

If the amp isn't putting out power, than yes, it's bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just because the amp is receiving power doesn't mean it is outputting anything.

On th back on the sony headunit there at 3 sets of RCAs. There is a BUS input and rear output as well as front output. Which should i plug the RCAs into? If any? What is another solution?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.