Amp not working Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

lliamiskool

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hi all, I am still fairly new to car audio, so I figured I'd come to the experts. I have a boss head unit and a sound ordanence 8" powered sub that work great. I recently picked up a mtx 12" sub that is 24 years old, and a bazooka ela500.1. I wired it the same as my powered subwoofer, and used regular old speaker wire to connect the sub to the amp. I have no idea how to tune it so I left "level" at min, "x-over" at 40 hz which is the lowest, and "bass boost" at 0. When I turn on my radio, the red power light turns on briefly then shuts off. Any ideas? Could the way I have it tuned be doing this? Or is speaker wire too thin? Any advice would be much appreciated.

The amp should still turn on regardless of your settings. Those settings will probably cause almost no power to come from the amp, but thats a discussion for when the amp will actually stay on, lol. Is the amp also 24 year old? It could just be damaged. Double check all of your connections. Then I would use a multimeter to check the voltage at the amp and measure the resistance from the ground terminal to the vehicle body.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...