Old school Alphasonik PMA2100 (2ch x100W) Want to run one sub, but no bridge switch?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ScottK

View attachment 26550304View attachment 26550305

Hi all, new here and have searched but not really found anything about this question:

I have an old Alphasonik PMA-2100 amp I would like to run on a single Pioneer TS-W304R subwoofer. Not a lot of space available so I’m going with a single just to add some nice bottom. Vehicle is a 2009 Toyota Prius,( ok laugh all ya want I’m getting amazing MPG’s) the stock system (non-JBL) sounds OK, but some punchy bass would help. I have an hour long drive to and from work so I listen to a lot of music!

The amp has high and low inputs so I am planning on using the high inputs from the rear speakers.

If you will look at the images, the specs state it will run in mono, 200 watts into 4 or 8 ohm. There is no bridge switch on the amp, only wires, RCA inputs and a gain control. How do I wire this to run the single sub?

Next question will be high and low pass filters, but I gotta get the amp sorted out first.

Thanks!

Yes I have a multimeter, how do I go about checking it?

Will the bridged outputs show continuity, or is it a resistance reading? Mine has the old wiring harness and plastic plug style connector, not the screw terminals that actually show which two would be used for the bridge.

From what I have seen on other two channel bridges I am guessing it is the positive output of one speaker, and the negative output of the other, my worry is that this amp does not specifically state that on the diagram and which wires to use.

Any help appreciated....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Spooney if I can't figure it out I'll just try to find a way to bump two sub's. Kinda limited in a Prius but I'll make it work.

Factory system good down to about 35hz but falls off sharp after that and little power to boot.

you ohm all 4 outputs against each-other. the 2 wires that read close to 0 are the non-bridging wires, and the other 2, you use. depending on just how old school the pma is, you may need to reverse phase a channel. you will know that is the case, if it puts out little to no sound bridged.

View attachment 26550304View attachment 26550305
Hi all, new here and have searched but not really found anything about this question:
I have an old Alphasonik PMA-2100 amp I would like to run on a single Pioneer TS-W304R subwoofer. Not a lot of space available so I’m going with a single just to add some nice bottom. Vehicle is a 2009 Toyota Prius,( ok laugh all ya want I’m getting amazing MPG’s) the stock system (non-JBL) sounds OK, but some punchy bass would help. I have an hour long drive to and from work so I listen to a lot of music!
The amp has high and low inputs so I am planning on using the high inputs from the rear speakers.
If you will look at the images, the specs state it will run in mono, 200 watts into 4 or 8 ohm. There is no bridge switch on the amp, only wires, RCA inputs and a gain control. How do I wire this to run the single sub?
Next question will be high and low pass filters, but I gotta get the amp sorted out first.
Thanks!

pma1200da.jpg

pma1200da.jpg

• 1-Channel Class D Mono-Block Power Amplifier
  • RMS power Rating:
    • 1200 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms mono
    • 2000 Watts x 1 @ 2 ohms Mono
    • 2470 Watts x 1 @ 1 ohms Mono
  • Bridgeable with Second Identical Model
  • 3’ Modular Cord Included
  • Hour Meter
  • Remote Mount Digital Voltmeter Included
  • Remote Mount Bass Boost Control
  • Heavy Duty One-piece Extruded Aluminum Heat Sink
  • Variable Low Pass Filter: 50Hz~150Hz, 24dB/Octave
  • Variable Subsonic Filter: 15Hz~40Hz, 24dB/Octave
  • Variable Bass Boost at 45Hz: 0~+ 18dB
  • Variable Phase Shift: 0~180°
  • Input Impedance: 10K ohms
  • Variable Input Sensitivity: 300mV ~ 8V
  • Beveled Clear Acrylic Protective Cover
  • Tiffany-Style Input and Output RCA Jacks
  • Parallel Line-out RCA Jacks
  • Removable Covers Conceal Control and Terminal Panels
  • MOSFET High Speed Switching Power Supply
  • Milspec Double-Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board with Through-hole Plating
  • Heavy 4 oz. Pure Copper PC Traces at All Preamp and Amplification Stages
  • Internally Mounted Fan-Cooled Power Supply
  • Solid Brass Nickel-plated Terminal Blocks (4-gauge Power, 8-gauge Speaker)
  • Terminal Blocks are Compression Type and Soldered Directly to the PCB
  • 4-Way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload and DC Offset
  • Dimensions: 20-7/8” L x 9-1/8” W x 2 1/2” H
  • 1-year SonicElectronix.com warranty

Looks pretty straight forward to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...