Amping Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrockJJJ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
Hello, I just got new speakers and they are installed but I want to amp them (they are just hooked up normally right now).

I already got the amp installed and ready to go I'm just slightly confused how to amp the speakers. I have 2 RCA cables (obviously for front and rear) from the head unit (front and rear) which then run to my amp. So where do I run the speaker wire? Can I just run the speaker wire to the amplifier as designated by its location?

For example, if I run my RCA from the 'front' connection in the head unit to the 'Channel A' port of the amp and the 'rear' RCA from the head unit to the 'Channel B' port on the amp can I then just run the speaker wire from the speakers location that corresponded port on the Amp? Like would I just run the front driver side speaker straight from the speaker to the 'Left Channel A' port on the amp and the front passenger to the 'Right Channel A' and the same thing for the back speakers but with channel B?

Or is that incorrect and if not, how would I do this?

Do you have a Diagram or a booklet that came with the amplifier to show how to wire the speakers to the amplifier? Or try to download User manual? Should be pretty cut and dry following the directions to do so

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...