Amplifier Mounting

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
There was a thread on here for this, but it's old and I don't want to be goated 😂. I don't have any room for an amp rack, my only real option is to mount it to the box. I found some 1" rubber isolators shaped like a peg that are for vibration. This will space it away from the box and also dampen any vibration. The box will be built right with bracing and will be very strong. Do you guys see a problem with going this route?

Morning. 😈

C3FC5725-F4C7-409B-A204-2DEAA2602F68.jpeg

I avoid it at all times. Internals of an amplifier will eventually come apart from solder joints ect and the amplifier eventually fails/needs repaired or ends up toasted. Wiring may even come loose, ect.

In my car, the sub amplifier is mounted to the box with rubber blocks. I don’t have a choice because of space. I have not had any problems with it. But, my box is 1 inch mdf and braced inside. The amplifier doesn’t vibrate any more than it would mounted to the floor.
I checked it using the old mechanic’s trick. Which is take a long extension or a hammer handle and touch it to the part you think might be vibrating. Touch the other end to your chin. Yes you will look stupid doing it. But you will find out how much vibration that you have in any given part instantly.

What about mounting it on the underside of the package tray? The metal between the back seat and back window.
I’m thinking a couple of 1-2” wide straps. Bent to hold the amp and bent to lay along the package tray. You can put rubber spacers in if you want. Keeps the amp up out of the way and exposed to allow cooling

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...