amps that can handle .5 ohms?

Participant count
  • Participant list
gimme some info on the subs. Dual voice coil I assume? What ohm rating do they have. You may not want to set up at .5 ohms so a series parallel on the speakers maybe? Let me know what the resistance and config of the speakers is

I have heard of only 1 line of amps that claim to be able to run at .5 ohms. I am not real sure of the manufacturer, but I believe that it is Soundstream. The series of amps were named 'Tarantula' and 'Davincci'. I read a review on them and they sounded like awesome amps, but big$$$.

Originally posted by :I have heard of only 1 line of amps that claim to be able to run at .5 ohms. I am not real sure of the manufacturer, but I believe that it is Soundstream. The series of amps were named 'Tarantula' and 'Davincci'. I read a review on them and they sounded like awesome amps, but big$$$.
Yup- Both of those will do it.

Also Check out this from the other post:

http://forums.caraudio.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000145

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.