One amp or two amps?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Depends.
What is the rest of the setup?
Are you going active, passive?
Active you'll need 8 channels of amplification, passive and you'll only need 4 channels of amplification.
What is the year, make and model of the car.
What HU are using?
What Sub will be working with these speakers?

What is the budget?

Last edited:
I have 4 pair of resilient sound Neo tweeters(30wattrms)4 pair of resilient sound 6.5 neo(300rms). All are 4ohm. Do I need an amp for my 6.5 and another amp for tweeters? I’m looking to get an amp from down4sound.
I myself would run at a min of a two ch bridged on two sets of tweeters @2ohms per ch, and a high amperage two ch or 4 ch. Depends on what you want to do and what final Ohm load you want to be at for each speaker as well. Budget would be another consideration. What type of substage are you trying to keep up with? What vehicle and electrical system do you have to work with for the supply for the demand?

The main question I have is....
Why would you choose 30 RMS tweeters rather than 100-150 RMS tweeters for the highs to keep up with 350 RMS mids/loud speakers? Seems to me that your tweeters will be lacking significantly to keep up.

I have a jp83 amp for subs. Jp40 lithium battery and a 400 amp alternator. I just don’t know what two highs amps to get from down4sound.
You may need to consider more battery bank with the addition of amplifiers along with the JP83 depending on the ohm load chosen for that amp alone? Something to be determined and tested in operation to check the supply for the demand. Just throwing that out there. You may need a secondary battery to keep up with the mids and highs amp/amps chosen

The JP84 looks Ideal for tweeter amp IMO. Have look more for the mids.

Even the Mini 4 ch for tweets to save a little more space maybe?

This JP234 looks like it would work on the mids @4 ohms fine , but bridged @2ohms for a pair would be ideal ran 2ch.

Though the JP454 would work just as well @4ohms x4 ch for the mids as well IMO

I do not see any benefit of running a 5,6 or the 7 ch for everything from what is offered honestly. Though I did not look more at a two ch to bridge to run the tweets @2 ohm load rather than the 4 ch for price savings.

Thats about all I see from what they offer for the speakers you have chosen. IMO. Though running the Mids/neos @4 ohms should sound alot cleaner than running @2ohms. but thats your call and Budget call as well.
Thats me though. Others may recommend differently

I have 4 pair of resilient sound Neo tweeters(30wattrms)4 pair of resilient sound 6.5 neo(300rms). All are 4ohm. Do I need an amp for my 6.5 and another amp for tweeters? I’m looking to get an amp from down4sound.

You don't need two amps. The speakers come with crossovers to help protect the tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...