amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
i got a power wire, ground,and remote hooked up to my amp as required but when all are connected the power doesnt come on the amp... i accidently crossed the power with the remote on the remote hook up and the power light came on....but when i hooked them back up right with the power back where it goes nothing happened.....if any one out there could help i would appreciate it

Put a test light on the remote wire either connected or not with the deck on.. If the light doesnt come on then either you have a bad connection with the deck or the remote lead on your deck is toast...

If it turns out that your decks remote lead is cooked then you can find a low wattage feed from accessory power in the fuse box then you can tap the fuse to a toggle so you can turn off your amp without shutting off the car..run it to your amp from there..That is the cheap way the alternatives are to take it in and have it fixed or buy a new deck..

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.