anybody w/a dodge vehicle? i wanna know something

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDoggHSTX
10+ year member

Texas
aight. i got 3 JL 12w3's in my sngl cab ram, but nobody can hear me coming. i posted something like this on the old BB, and i had several people tell me that they had cars like that, (ya know giant bumps, but they couldn't be heard). and guess what, all those cars were dodge models. i just wanna know if anybody else's is like that. thanx :

Sounds to me like you are just trying to move too much air..try fewer subs with more spl capabilities..Just my opinion..Small cabs tend to have that problem though.

Mike

I have a dodge Avenger running 350 watts to a 12w3. Its pretty damn loud and with my kappa 6X9's and my ppi components it can be heard pretty nicely...it bumps..well anyways no you really can't hear it outside of the car unless the moonroof, and the windows are down or unless you have the doors open. But why does it matter so much if everyone and there neighbor can hear you? Your the one puttin out over a grand for good audio equipment, who cares if they can hear you or not.

I have a 89 dodge dakota with 300watt jensen amp and one pioneer 10 and one jensen 10...when my windows are up in my truck u can't hear and lows all u hear are the highs but if u touch the truck u can feel it vibrating and u can hear some stuff ratle(prolly b/c its old), but when i have the windows down it sounds awesome...how can i make it sound better when the windows are up, my friend system sounds awesome when the windows are up or down. doea anyone have any ideas on how to set the amp to sound like that?

I don't have the specifics and is definately a subject I would like to know more about. Small cabs are known for the same problem..no bass. Without studying physics it is going to be a pain to figure out without help..My onlysuggestion is to try ported enclosures tuned between 45 and 65 hz thats where the loud bass hides..any lower and you'll have more low end extension but not so much boom.

Mike

Yo!!! I hear you man!!!

I got a 2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab R/T and you're sooo right. I got a loud ass stereo, but you can't hear anything but the highs when you're outside the truck. Only if you open the door does is sound good. I also had a '99 Dakota Club Cab and had the same problem. I guess the Dodge trucks are just sealed up for road noise or something. But it's been something weird that bothers me too...no one can hear it pounding at all!

I have a 99' Dodge Dokota R/T regular cab with 6 MTX 8000 series 12's and 3 8100D 1500w amps in the bed that I use for competition and it bumps pretty damn hard. I can't really turn it up though with out the windows down because I already had to replace my back one with lexan after a blow out :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...