Anybody want to know a secret?

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I heard a rumor so I called DD to see whats up, they answered on the first ring like always.... I know something cool that's coming at the end of the year!

A certain sub line that's due for a update is getting a big update. I might be getting a new woofer for Christmas.

Are they making more "SW" (super woofer lines)? I've heard a few things. Going to be the next big thing the 8 will still actually be a 9. But the 6.5 will be an 8, the 10 will be 11.75, and the 12 will be the big one at 19 inches. Should be the loudest 12 around

Are they making more "SW" (super woofer lines)? I've heard a few things. Going to be the next big thing the 8 will still actually be a 9. But the 6.5 will be an 8, the 10 will be 11.75, and the 12 will be the big one at 19 inches. Should be the loudest 12 around
They call it a true size cone. It makes sense. But yes they are doing it to the next line ready for update. They are not counting the surround as cone area.

That will knock DD out of IASCA big time -- our new platform "10" is a bit oversized (actual 10" cone) so it is counted as an 11" subwoofer by their rules; I assume once brought up this will knock the new DD subs out of those classes as well.

I believe I actually saw the bigger versions of the new DD "SW" basket while I was in China -- looks just like the basket on the new 8.

That will knock DD out of IASCA big time -- our new platform "10" is a bit oversized (actual 10" cone) so it is counted as an 11" subwoofer by their rules; I assume once brought up this will knock the new DD subs out of those classes as well.
I believe I actually saw the bigger versions of the new DD "SW" basket while I was in China -- looks just like the basket on the new 8.
The SW line is that basket and soft parts as far as I know. I haven't heard about IASCA calling the 8 a 9 but I don't follow it anymore. Didn't they count W7s and L7s as standard sizes?

Yep that will knock them from iasca and others as soon as someone protests it, its just another tactic to edge better numbers but this will screw them from comps
I doubt DD will screw themselves out of their big money maker. If it wasn't for comps DD wouldn't be on the map.

Idk. My SW2508sc with CF cap was $50 than the X8.
I'm guess right beside Sundown, Fi, and everyone else that has R&D
We talking MSRP prices here or friend pricing ? Cause I know dealer cost of DD dealers.

We talking MSRP prices here or friend pricing ? Cause I know dealer cost of DD dealers.
I'm talking what I got it for. The dealer was not a friend, now we are.

I have no problem paying a bit more if I have to.

After my experience with DC I'll stick to dealer only products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.