Anyone following the Steve Meade vs EMF audio DD1 drama??

You never competed in you life. You didn't build any box and your gear is used junk.
I built a box in my car by myself that I could change tuned in about 30 minutes and it did mid 150s head rest. You are a moron. There is no subject you are strong at and I've yet to see you do anything anywhere..
wtf are you talking about? I built both my boxes by hand. Both for my 15s and single 8, both different vehicles. I have no interest in competing. stfu if you don't know facts and quit talking out your ass.

Never built anything bro. Cheap junk. You better not try to compete

My stuff is nice and bought new. You have nothing to show for with the exception of a few woofers called Annhilator. No install, nothing. Here you go, built everything myself. Guess I never built anything did I? A few people here have seen it.

Attachments

• 20191008_185436.jpg
    20191008_185436.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 133
My stuff is nice and bought new. You have nothing to show for with the exception of a few woofers called Annhilator. No install, nothing. Here you go, built everything myself. Guess I never built anything did I? A few people here have seen it.
You don't have a clue what I have. Lol
That's some poo baw. My single 15" prototype was louder. Lol

That DC you cutout looks pretty cool

Copy that. I wont use em anymore.

I was just following the guide from Crutchfield. I thought it would be a reliable source.
Crutchfield: setting gain with tones
thats absolutely trash guide, when it buzzes like that its already hard clipping with a SQUARE wave and with mids and highs its already the point of no return, any longer than 1 or 2 secs is more than enough to pop a speaker especially above the 100 rms range of amplifier power. Soft clipping and distortion happens way before that and you are using a 0 db test tone which is extremely harsh because that puts your pre-out voltage signal sky high aka the point where you thought your head unit clips lets say for example 62 out of 62 is going to be far lower now around 56 ish due to the heavy signal strength. with mids and highs using music you can easily tell when the speaker is stressed FAR before soft clipping occurs because ears are very sensitive to harsh frequencies which are more inherent as you get higher on THD (still below 1%)

and if you over power speakers, you dont set it to clipping, you set it to get the clean sound and output you need, nothing more. If you trying to max out the clean signal and the speaker cant handle the clean power, there's a chance it'll burn up as well. Training ears is extremely important in knowing system limits. Relying on test tones = **** tier results.

thats absolutely trash guide, when it buzzes like that its already hard clipping with a SQUARE wave and with mids and highs its already the point of no return, any longer than 1 or 2 secs is more than enough to pop a speaker especially above the 100 rms range of amplifier power. Soft clipping and distortion happens way before that and you are using a 0 db test tone which is extremely harsh because that puts your pre-out voltage signal sky high aka the point where you thought your head unit clips lets say for example 62 out of 62 is going to be far lower now around 56 ish due to the heavy signal strength. with mids and highs using music you can easily tell when the speaker is stressed FAR before soft clipping occurs because ears are very sensitive to harsh frequencies which are more inherent as you get higher on THD (still below 1%)
When youre playing music to set your gain by ear, you have your stuff EQd like you normally play your music, right?

Then show it off. Better not be some 15 yr old pic either. Run your system and your mouth.
2 7500s
2 11" motor 18s with a daily coil and spider pack
1 320 w/h one limitless G30
No wall-window line; subs forward; port up
2 sets of hertz comps hertz amps on the comps. Watch me do 155+ no wall and play from 28 to 60

no the gain setting is done before any EQ takes place first, i leave a little room on the head unit to play with volume wise to make fine adjustments after the EQ.
Do you like to find the HU distortion level first with gain all the way down? And then turn gain up afterwards when you know max volume level? Or just set volume on HU at around 75% and go with it?

Do you like to find the HU distortion level first with gain all the way down? And then turn gain up afterwards when you know max volume level? Or just set volume on HU at around 75% and go with it?

Chances are if you have a pioneer head unit, its clean at max volume(but i keep it lower and gain a bit higher so i have headroom to move if the song has really low recording levels) any other brand you'll want to keep around 85% - 90%. Your volume knob and speaker level controls are a gain precision fine tuning tool I use those more than relying on the gain knob because its 10x more precise and you get to do it at the listening seat. I personally feel its pretty useless trying to tune the gains while listening with you all the way back by the amps and vs being right there at the listening position.

I keep my speaker levels -3 db lower than zero (plus level balance tuning numbers on top of that) and my volume knob 5 under from the max because I know the acceptable variances in my music from analyzing my library with audacity.

Chances are if you have a pioneer head unit, its clean at max volume(but i keep it lower and gain a bit higher so i have headroom to move if the song has really low recording levels) any other brand you'll want to keep around 85% - 90%. Your volume knob and speaker level controls are a gain precision fine tuning tool I use those more than relying on the gain knob because its 10x more precise and you get to do it at the listening seat. I personally feel its pretty useless trying to tune the gains while listening with you all the way back by the amps and vs being right there at the listening position.

I keep my speaker levels -3 db lower than zero (plus level balance tuning numbers on top of that) and my volume knob 5 under from the max because I know the acceptable variances in my music from analyzing my library with audacity.
I wish i would of had this convo with u last week

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.