Anyone following the Steve Meade vs EMF audio DD1 drama??

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Steve Meade is MADDDDDD af that sean from EMF audio made a video pointing out some downfalls of the DD1. Steves argument is in the video he used a DD1+ but used the standard dd1 disc and instruction manual and compared it to what clipping an O-Scope.

Played with it plenty, hunk of garbage, oscope does more. Noobs with cash to burn(or poor kids wasting precious money that coulda went to their systems), zero amounts of knowledge and now they all acting like they are legit pieces of **** because they bought a steve meade product. Cant find a worse car audio group of dumbass sheep.

I own a dd1 bought it 2nd hand. I think its a fool proof way to set gains without investing in a O-Scope. A good 0-scope is easily 4-5 times the cost of a dd1. If your chasing numbers you def want to set gains with a oscope. D'amore or however you spell it is the engineer and patent holder of the product he simply used smd for clout like beats by dre, dr dre had nothing to do with designing the headphones it was all monster audio

Ya well a patent/licensing does not mean much anyway. Conceptually the electronics doing what they do in their own configuration is just their way of doing it accurately and it works. They just paid to lock in that configuration/design so nobody else could copy it. If the design/idea is good enough and unique enough they could then license it out to others and make tons. I am not gonna say I know anything about it in that way...but like mentioned before an "Apple"-like product. Proprietary in nature. In a market like car audio where there are many consumer driven competitors from all over, there can be a huge market for an idea like this of setting gains simply conveniently and accurately. Genius idea in a way. And it sells.

I own a dd1 bought it 2nd hand. I think its a fool proof way to set gains without investing in a O-Scope. A good 0-scope is easily 4-5 times the cost of a dd1. If your chasing numbers you def want to set gains with a oscope. D'amore or however you spell it is the engineer and patent holder of the product he simply used smd for clout like beats by dre, dr dre had nothing to do with designing the headphones it was all monster audio
a cheap pocket oscope would still outperform the dd1 and those cost half the price of a dd1 new. Quality pieces cost as much to about 2x as much as a dd-1 but you literally dont need any of the features included in those higher end oscopes.

It is setting gains plain and simple. It is not brain surgery unless you want it to be. Or unless you are that anal or like mentioned chasing numbers. You can do gain settings on amps half a dozen different ways and all of those might cost less than 20 bucks. I really do though want a handy o-scope kinda like the one in Sean's video, for my own personal interests and use in audio and electronics.

This piezo trick can find your clean head unit/dsp volume and amp gains costs 2 dollars 1/100th of a dd-1. Literally no reason ever to buy a dd-1 other than to ride on meade's dick. This is taylor fade's video btw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.