Anyone following the Steve Meade vs EMF audio DD1 drama??

They deserve each other. I had to put Sean in his place (with actual video proof) about 2 years ago on one of the gm full size forums because he couldn't wrap his mind around the concept that he was wrong.

I was reading some of the comments off that video, 1st one 1st post, and a lot of people were bitching at him because he didn't read the instructions properly, which is why it didn't work for him. Weather that's true or not, I didn't watch the vid.

They stated he had a DD1+. The viewers also stated he had used the DD1 instructions AND Disc when he should have used the ones for the DD1+. If on top of that he used the directions incorrectly...well...

I own a dd1 bought it 2nd hand. I think its a fool proof way to set gains without investing in a O-Scope. A good 0-scope is easily 4-5 times the cost of a dd1. If your chasing numbers you def want to set gains with a oscope. D'amore or however you spell it is the engineer and patent holder of the product he simply used smd for clout like beats by dre, dr dre had nothing to do with designing the headphones it was all monster audio

Everything in your reply is wrong. A handheld Oscope, instead of a big bulky one will cost just under 100 bucks....I've seen them for 60. Way less than what measily meade charges for his stupid marketing scheme DD-1.

Take Jeffs suggestion for gain setting. The absolute cheapest way for that, but you have to know your song limitations and a good ear(s) to do it. Once it starts to sound distorted, sound like ****, then back it off a tad and your good. I took his idea when setting the gain for my ED amp.

Everything in your reply is wrong. A handheld Oscope, instead of a big bulky one will cost just under 100 bucks....I've seen them for 60. Way less than what measily meade charges for his stupid marketing scheme DD-1.

Take Jeffs suggestion for gain setting. The absolute cheapest way for that, but you have to know your song limitations and a good ear(s) to do it. Once it starts to sound distorted, sound like ****, then back it off a tad and your good. I took his idea when setting the gain for my ED amp.

Have you personally used that scope? I was just looking at buying the same one myself. Ive seen some people review the cheaper scopes and some say the screens can be tough to read and was wondering how that one was.

Have you personally used that scope? I was just looking at buying the same one myself. Ive seen some people review the cheaper scopes and some say the screens can be tough to read and was wondering how that one was.
the reviews on that o scope are pretty choppy...but reviews are reviews...

Anyone familiar with using a DSO Nano? Even that is only like 90 bucks. Or is a 60-80 dollar portable oscope more beneficial/useful?

@Popwarhomie might know, he mentioned it earler. I noticed theres like 2 or 3 different versions of it on Amazon. The screen looks easier to read than the LIUMY. Im personally debating on getting one or just go with the piezo method.

@Popwarhomie might know, he mentioned it earler. I noticed theres like 2 or 3 different versions of it on Amazon. The screen looks easier to read than the LIUMY. Im personally debating on getting one or just go with the piezo method.
Bro.. listen to you music. You can hear clipping as low as 2%between 1k and 4k.
SUBs are harder. It's closer to around 5% but once you hear it back off Abit you perfectly fine.

Anyone familiar with using a DSO Nano? Even that is only like 90 bucks. Or is a 60-80 dollar portable oscope more beneficial/useful?
Its ok tbh. i have one, and figured it out. Ive never tested it head to head with a legit scope for accuracy, but for my sub amp, it works great for a re-purposed mp3 player at $60

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.