Anyone have a high powered system who is not running an eq?

mgcauctions09
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alabama
I mean I am buying the parts to build my system. I am debating on whether or not to run an eq or epicenter? Is there anyone else with say 4000+ watts not run one? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I just feel like that's just more to hook up and set. Will I be ok with just using the settings from the headunit (kenwood excelon kdc-x693). By the way, Im not trying to win any sq competitions.

It's personal preference really. Does your HU have the EQ settings you require? most higher end units do, some even have the capability to run active. It's just a matter of what you require. If you require more than your HU can provide then run a separate EQ. Personally I have never needed one.

What do you mean by "enhance the sound"? are you running 4,000 watts to some subs and sticking with your stock speakers or are you talking full system with subs and some components? honestly with 4,000 watts it seems your goal is to be as loud as possible. worrying about an eq is pretty much pointless.

I want to get loud but still be able to control my sound to keep sq. Will a headunit be enough or will I need an eq
no one can tell you if you will benefit from a eq. Best thing to do is get everything installed and see how it sounds, make sure the installation is good and if you feel it's missing something than get a eq, but install everything first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.