anyone have experience with AAA and car batteries?

Rkrajnov
10+ year member

Indiana
The reason I ask is because my car battery is completely dead. I tried to do it myself but it's **** near impossible on my retarded car (grand prix gxp) as the engine is so big they squished everything else in the car and the battery is in the worst spot possible. I finally got off an old rusty crossbar blocking it in to find it is bolted in at the bottom and almost impossible to release. Way to go pontiac for making such an easy job so hard.

Anyways, I have AAA and was wondering if they would come out and remove it and put in my new battery if I gave them a call? If not, I guess I can atleast have them tow me somewhere that will.

AAA will remove your battery and install a new one...if you buy a battery from them. They usually have decent warranties but typically better can be had for the price. I doubt they'll come remove the battery and install another when they're making no money on the deal. To be honest, it's quite pathetic that you can't change your own battery. Either you're a woman or you need better tools.

AAA will remove your battery and install a new one...if you buy a battery from them. They usually have decent warranties but typically better can be had for the price. I doubt they'll come remove the battery and install another when they're making no money on the deal. To be honest, it's quite pathetic that you can't change your own battery. Either you're a woman or you need better tools.
It's quite pathetic you obviously can't read. i can't change the battery because it's just about impossible to remove. it's stuck outside first off and I live on campus at a college dorm and there is virtually no way to release it. I barely got off the rusted cross bar blocking it off but even now i don't have any kind of tool to get down and release the battery from the bolts clamping it in. It's not as easy as it sounds. I have changed a battery before I'm not retarded, I just can't get this one out.

I saw no mention of being stuck on a college campus with lack of access to tools in your OP. In that case, I retract my previous statement as you clearly don't have access to the proper tools, thus making the battery impossible to remove.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.