anyone heard of AlphaCell batteries?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cm2658
10+ year member

lovely
I found some random audio store with some 110lbs Alpha Cell batteries for $100 each, theyre showing to be 94ah, but the datasheets online keep saying these batteries are 66lbs each, but the ones I was lookin at clearly said 110 lbs, and I kinda picked one up and i know it wasn't 66lbs.. my primary question here is does anyone know of alphacell and if so was it good/bad/neutral experience with their products?? thanks

many batteries, like C&D and whatnot, are UPS style batteries from what I've read so idk what you meant.. Also these were AGM batteries that I was looking at.. I view Kinetiks as overprice and Overrated kinda like Kicker but thats my meaningless opinion..

and as far as the shuriken batts, whats specs and prices just outta curiousity because this place also had those for sale also, but not for near as low as the AlphaCells wer

A 100lb AGM battery should have more than 94aH I would think. My NSBs are around 125 and they weigh something like 110lbs. The 66lb battery probably was 94ah. What did the shop say about them?

they are ups batteries they fail at car audio get an agm i have the shuriken aka kinetiks cheap
I have a C&D UPS12-370FR and I like it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

yeah the stat sheet says the 66lbs ones were 94ah, but the store didnt know shyt about the batteries, and apparently tehyve had em sitting there for a while, they were dated 10/08/2007, id definitely need to test them before doing anything but I was curious.. I emailed alpha power, the manufacturer, because theres multiple Gel 180 GXL models taht were made, so I may be finding the datasheet for a different series so i emailed him the info i had and asked for the specs, hopefully i know in the next day or two..

Gel batteries and AGM are not the same either IIRC. Gel batteries are very picky about charging voltage. See if you can find a digital load tester and throw them on the batteries at the shop if they will let you. It will give you CCA and an idea of the condition of the battery

this was one of those stores taht tried charing me $50 for a off brand 8ga wire kit, so I dont really believe anything they tell me about the batteries because their only interest is pawnin those **** things off on the young white boy (me).. by the way They ended up giving me the wire kit for $20 when i told em ill go to walmart and get one for $20, apparently they realized I halfway know what I'm talking about and stopped trying to hustle me like im a high school kid with my parents credit card..

hmm yeah at the least I was gonna take my capcell and hook it up and see where the voltage is sitting at, but since I'm back home I'll be able to bring my multimeter with me up there when i go back.. idk that much about this whole battery thing, I started looking into it maybe a week ago so explain how to calculate CCA if you could, I'm sure I can google it but I'll ask anyways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.