Anyone listen to the Rainbow Dreamline series?

a Rainbow entry set that can perform and even outshine other companies offerings costing much more- bottom line a great set for the money IMO
what do you compare this comp set to, and how do they sound?? (opinions here)

Ive sold installed about 3 sets in the past couple weeks. As well as many others prior to that. great bang for the buck. Not too long ago there was a IASCA event (In Spain I believe) with these compared to Utopias. They came out above by 3points.....if that helps at all.

--Don

Ive sold installed about 3 sets in the past couple weeks. As well as many others prior to that. great bang for the buck. Not too long ago there was a IASCA event (In Spain I believe) with these compared to Utopias. They came out above by 3points.....if that helps at all.
--Don
Actually those were Soundlines.....

ummm okay hehe so like how bout the rainbows?? in your opinion
I like em and personally run them in my car. Except I have the ProfiVanadiums/Kickbass. Honestly if I was on more of a tight budget and dint get the dealer accomidations I wouldnt have minded the SoundLines or even Dreamlines. In which case they might actually go into my wifes '05 Altima, if not Arc ACSs

--Don

hmmm okay cool cuz they were so cheap i wasnt sure the dreamlines were that good compared to the other bottom level comps

Ive heard a set (no idea what line specifically) a customer had, that was powered by a couple of Zapco amps. He came to me to fit some deep bass in his BMW. It was a late 90s 325i.

It sounded amazing. I ended up adding an Eclipse 30 band, competition EQ to further adjust the sound. Built a typical sealed box, that vented through the reardeck, for a JL 10W6.

To me, it was one of the best sounding setups I have ever heard. They definately hang with the best, in my book.

hmmm okay cool cuz they were so cheap i wasnt sure the dreamlines were that good compared to the other bottom level comps
On the contrary- being that a Soundline set (2nd from lowest offering) beat a set of Focal Utopias(top of the line) in an IASCASq event tells you that they are exellent speakers- I'd take a Dream line over some companies $200-300 sets....easy

nice, dreamline sound sexy.... is there anywhere i can hear them?? cuz the only place i know of has only infinity and some other wierd brand.

On the contrary- being that a Soundline set (2nd from lowest offering) beat a set of Focal Utopias(top of the line) in an IASCASq event tells you that they are exellent speakers-
That means nothing........honestly. Install, install, install. Focal Utopia's are easy to screw up, but that doesn't mean that when playing to their optimum the Soundline will beat them. It could have just been a poorly installed/setup pair of Focal's. Plus, IASCA isn't judged soley off sound. Install integrity, creativity, etc etc are judged as well. What's that mean? It means that the Focal's may have actually scored better than the Rainbows in the SQ judging portion, but the competitor with the Rainbows had more install/creativity/SPL points and edged out the win with those. But it in no way, shape, or form means that the Soundlines will always be (or every were) as good as the Utopias.

You can't base real-world off of competitions.........two completely different worlds. Case in point: Jason Ewing scored the highest on sound quality at an event with stock speakers....yes, STOCK. Does that mean that his stock speakers are as good or better than everyone else's high quality aftermarket speakers who competed that day?

It's kinda like when Kicker announced "Solo-X takes home SQ Championship".....

That means nothing........honestly. Install, install, install. Focal Utopia's are easy to screw up, but that doesn't mean that when playing to their optimum the Soundline will beat them. It could have just been a poorly installed/setup pair of Focal's. Plus, IASCA isn't judged soley off sound. Install integrity, creativity, etc etc are judged as well. What's that mean? It means that the Focal's may have actually scored better than the Rainbows in the SQ judging portion, but the competitor with the Rainbows had more install/creativity/SPL points and edged out the win with those. But it in no way, shape, or form means that the Soundlines will always be (or every were) as good as the Utopias.

You can't base real-world off of competitions.........two completely different worlds. Case in point: Jason Ewing scored the highest on sound quality at an event with stock speakers....yes, STOCK. Does that mean that his stock speakers are as good or better than everyone else's high quality aftermarket speakers who competed that day?

It's kinda like when Kicker announced "Solo-X takes home SQ Championship".....
You are lecturing the wrong person my friend- I very well understand the importance of install

I just made a subtle comparison/contrast that they are good speakers and perform very well, well enough that people that have used them have won competing with them, I proved this by using a factual event

And If its stated that the SLC's beat the Focal Utopia is because points in the SQ portion between both sets favored the SLC's, not overall score- nevertheless the vehicle came in 1st place

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.