anyone run sytems without sound deadener?

it also depends on how much power you runnig. in my car I have about 2500 watts and it rattles even with 2 layers of sound deadning (**** rear deck lid) and in my gf's car i have about 800 watts with no sound deadning at all and her car dont rattle for sh*t ( I hate on her car for that) and my car is newer by 10 years..lol

I currently have my trunk lid, and my passenger door sound deadened with Dynamat Extreme. It's not a bad price on sonixelectronics for a bulk pack. The difference between my two front doors is noticeable with Dynamat. The midbass is smooth and louder. On my trunk, it didn't totally eliminate rattle, but to the point where it just sounds like a little clicking is happening, nothing that would embarrass you. I think it's worth it.

buying its the easy part, installing it is the **** part
I think my real point was that I can't justify buying it because I will just be getting rid of this vehicle in a few months. the equipment can transfer, but the dead can not:(

get the stuff from lowes or home depot, IIRC 15 bucks a roll and it covers a decent amount. but honestly I have like 3 layers in my doors and trunk, not much difference.

prolly because you got the cheap **** from lowes:fyi:
I have a LOT of protect o seal in my car and it's virtually rattle free. Windshield flex is another story //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have a LOT of protect o seal in my car and it's virtually rattle free. Windshield flex is another story //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
then put it on the windshield:hide:

does anyone in here perferably with cars and trunks run subs with no sound deadener... i have recently just gotten into "the game" and cant see to talk my way into droppin 100+ bucks on this
Whether you do or not I guess it just depends on how it sounds to you.

How's my amp?

I don't use deadener to help with rattles. I use it to help with resonance of panels, which can help with rattles, but there are much better and cheaper ways to eliminate rattles.

"Acoustic treatments" are great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.