Anyone using the new PPI ION i650.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list

VWBobby
10+ year member

PG and SS nuthugger
West coast
I just bought one of these off of Ebay for only $108 shipped, New. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Looks like a pretty decent amp. Looks like decent guts.

PrecisionPower - Products - Amplifiers - iON - i650.1

It does 650 WRMS @ 2 Ohms, according to the specs. Does this sound about right, or overrated?

I couldn't find anyone who is actually using one.

Thanks in advance!

From all the reviews I have seen the BK and the Phantom series all seem to do rated. I wouldn't mess with the Sedona line

I got their ION 520.4, puts out good power for something so little, multimeter tells me to set the gains around 45% but, i had to back off to 30% because 45 was ear piercing loud.

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

if their ION monoblocks are anything like their 4 channel, it should be okay.

Good to know. I was hoping they did pretty clean power/SQ. For the price, it's very hard to beat. I can't wait to get it and install it.

Just wanted to give a quick review. I finally got the amp installed last week. It seems to put out clean power. I wasn't able to bench test it, but I would say it does close to rated power or at least rated by the Ear Termlab. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm using it to power a Dayton 10" HO dual 4 ohm sub. It sounds great! I am definitely underpowering this sub however.... It feels like it could take 1000WRMS of clean power easy.

nice I am soon to be installing my dayton HF8"

Where did you get box specs for your sub?

I'm not sure how big to build. I want to do ported but using winisd or whatever it is....I am seeing a need for a 1.5 cf box. for an 8? seems a little big to me but I dont have any other manufacture recomendations that I can find for this subwoofer.

The sub I am using is more suited to a small sealed inclosure around 0.55 - 0.7CF. I bought a high quality pre-made sealed enclosure that was 0.6CF before displacement and added some polyfill.

To make a ported enclosure would be pretty hard with this sub unless you went external port... The box has to stay small around .6CF but the port has to be something really long like 40+ inches.... I can't remember what it calculated out to..but it was a crazy long port.

Parts Express has the specs for all of the Dayton subs including the recommended enclosures. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dayton Audio RSS210HF-4 8" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm 295-456

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.