APCL 1500 getting really hot

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
I just installed a system for a friend and he has an AUDIOPIPE APCL 1500 amp and it's wired to 1 ohm. It gets really hot. The wires aren't hot and it isn't distorting. Is this just because the amp is crappy? Thanks.

I just installed a system for a friend and he has an AUDIOPIPE APCL 1500 amp and it's wired to 1 ohm. It gets really hot. The wires aren't hot and it isn't distorting. Is this just because the amp is crappy? Thanks.
could be a bad quality control one.

My buddy's setup with stock alt, cca wire, used recycled batt keeps room temperature with 15 min sessions. only got hot after a 1.5 hour drive to los angeles he clips like a mofo. Mounted in the back seats by the cargo area.

So maybe it could be the ground? The wire isn't hot though
check ground yes make sure no paint under it and it don't move.. yahhhyahhh got 1 for his 2 E15's ran hot smelled and couldn't return it at all (don't buy from jb tools on ebay or amazon) so he traded his old pioneer for used ppi ba2600 (that everyone says is crap) he just pmed me today he's setting off car alarms with prefab box.. so sorry i don't ap amps.. if ground don't work tell him same thing i told him sell to someone that just want to run it at 2 ohm should be fine and get skar 1500 or something along those $250 under lines.. my ppi p1k does 1162 @ 1ohm but if he needs more i'd get the skar just like $15 more (i just didn't need the power)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.