AQ 4 Inch Coil Test Results With PICS

im serious
troll.gif

the db difference at upper wattage was very nice, but who knows the 4" coil version may have just liked the box a bit better and the #'s showed it... nice test though!

chances are they where much more ideal in that sized box.. your probably going to see maybe .5 louder overall in similar apps with the added heat dissipation.. no doubt it has more motor strength as well.. if your getting 155 out the 3" coil 18 with 6kw your most likely to get a 1db more out the 4" coil...

The box used was one that I designed for the 3 Inch coil specifically for that car and would have been a 3rd place contender against 2 walls at MWSPL national finals. Its about the best setup I could design for it. With panels out of the car we were at a 151.6 db on the 3 inch coil with 2k clamped. In this test all panels were in and car wasnt set up to find a peak score, just a comparison.

DJ didnt give me any t/s parameters so it would be a completly blind test. I can tell you that we did try an 8 cube box with a 12 inch aeroport and saw a full 3 db gain with the 4 inch coil. The subs did not like the box AT ALL and I kind of expected that given the small port to box ratio but it was a good comparison to the small box. The 4 inch coil did a 149 at 3k and the 3 inch coil did a 145.9 at 3k.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.