Are L shape boxes bad?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
Ok I have about 3.97 cubes (after .75 MDF) to play with in my hatch area. But if I remove one of my back seats (the 3 seats are in 2 different pieces), I can make the box an L shape and get a lot more airspace that way. Like run the box fully across my hatch area but then extend it into the back seat area where the seat used to be. Is this ok or would this cause a problem with subwoofer loading or just bad airflow?

L shaped aren't bad...it's all in the design and sub mounting area. There's all sorts of "ports" in a sub enclosure, sizes and shapes.

OMG! I am so excited! I'm gonna do that then! I will be down one back seat but that's not a problem for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

To calculate the L box volume, do I do it in sections then add?

Say the longer piece of the L is 33.5x20x10.25. And the shorter piece is 20x10x13. Do I just get the volume for each section then add them to get the total volume?

chop it up into two rectangles..... lol...
Yeah I got it.

I have everything planned out, I even have all the cuts written down and drawn out and it's gonna be 4 2'x4' sheets. Not bad.

Only thing I'm worried about now is where to put the ports. I can either put them facing back or face them towards the passenger side. Either way I face them they'll only have maybe an inch or two to load off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.