are power acoustik and rockford fosgate the same company

There are many low end brands that knock off top brands designs.
Rockwood

Kenford

Alfine

I used to get this catalogue that sold alot of no name brands, they had an amp that looked just like a Sony XPlod, why in the world they wanted to knock off a Sony, I will never know.
I think the chinamen just look to see whats selling alot and not the actual quality of the amp, CC, BB, etc sells a ton of that junk so they try to copy it

Rockwood

Kenford

Alfine

I used to get this catalogue that sold alot of no name brands, they had an amp that looked just like a Sony XPlod, why in the world they wanted to knock off a Sony, I will never know.
i have never noticed these so i am hoping you are sarcastic about this. If you are serious that is fukin sad companies would put money into knockin off this hardcore

i have never noticed these so i am hoping you are sarcastic about this. If you are serious that is fukin sad companies would put money into knockin off this hardcore
Oh its true.

Usually its swap meet or farmers market stiff.

Rockwood actually started to get big in the 90s.

LOL. You should see what I see everyday inside amps.... I could go on and on and on with a list of amps that are the exact same boards/parts everything on the inside.... some are still better than others, and the differences have to be measured in the circuitry and performance, and durability. The average person looking at it would say it's the exact same, but usually it's not, does not perform exactly the same, subtle differences in design and parts quaility will make a "better" amplifier of the exact same board of course....

Rockwood

Kenford

Alfine

haha, you talking about apex audio or insiders audio? i joined one of these "clubs" for like 40 bucks buck around 97, maybe 98. crappy catalog with a bunch of generic crap and some good stuff as well. they offered a bunch of free **** when you ordered but it was all a gimmick.

Holy ****! I thought you were ****ing with us Ed but then I saw this.http://www.rockwoodhifi.com/sub.html//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
never been to a discount mall???

funny thing is my brother in law found some "xplore" subs in a cheap bandpass box.

i think they are still in my basement.

haha, you talking about apex audio or insiders audio? i joined one of these "clubs" for like 40 bucks buck around 97, maybe 98. crappy catalog with a bunch of generic crap and some good stuff as well. they offered a bunch of free **** when you ordered but it was all a gimmick.
i was in the apex audio club.

Biggest POS I had the misfortune of owning was a Nitro amp... The plastic ground connector ended up melting off and I'm lucky it didn't catch my car on fire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Rockwood

Kenford

Alfine

lol please list more knock off names if you have em

Rockwood made some crappy amps way back in the day that we all thought were awesome.

Then we learned that you really need more than 35wrms to power a subwoofer.

Then we learned that subwoofers were supposed to be more than 8" across and not made from recycled toilet paper........

Rockwood made some crappy amps way back in the day that we all thought were awesome.
Then we learned that you really need more than 35wrms to power a subwoofer.

Then we learned that subwoofers were supposed to be more than 8" across and not made from recycled toilet paper........

I've talked to guys that back in the day, they would fill vans up with Pyle paper woofers just because they were cheap, and would get hella loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.