audio system issue, please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

liftednali
10+ year member

Michigan
hey guys im new on this forum, i come here in search of a solution for my audio problem, maybe someone can help. For a while i have been running 2 12 inch fusion power plant subs with a spl 1600w amp and a 3.5farad power cap, had no issues. recently my friend upgraded his system so he gave me his 2 MTX audio 12s, today i hooked them up to run with my fusions and after i was done they worked for about 2-3 minutes then i shut my car off to clean up my tools etc. i turn it back on to go somewhere pull out the driveway and both subs cut off. i turned my car off turned it back on the power cap and amp would come on for a second then quickly shut off. i checked all my speaker wires, fuses etc. everything seemed fine, i wasnt getting power to the amp. is my amp blown or what are some possible solutions to go about this? if my amp is blown whats a good amp that will be able to run all 4 continuously or will i need dual amps?.

thanks for any help

oh boy...

What are the ohm loa.......let me start over..

what are the model's for each kind of sub and what model is the "spl 1600watt"

you probably are trying to drive the spl beyond it's ability and without knowing what subs you have exactly, no one can recommend anything to you.

..and we are not even getting into the negative possibilities that arise from using different speakers to reproduce the same frequencies in the same system..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.