Aftermarket Amplifier With Stock Audio System

moneil10

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
Hello, I have a 2023 Mazda CX-5 w/ Bose.

I want to know if there is any audio interface that can be used so that I can hook up a bass amp and subwoofer while using the rest of the stock audio system. If not what other options do I have like a line output converter(LOC) and or digital signal processor(DSP)?

Thanks.

Even something as simple as this will do the trick. It takes a pretty good load from the OEM speaker wires, 44 watts I think and it does not require a seperate remote turn on for the new amp, It takes the voltage from the hi-levels you tap into and uses the voltage to provide a remote turn on for the new anmp when it senses turn on from the HU.

Amazon product ASIN B00I4EF1BC
It's seen several test on youTube, it's very clean and it's cheap!

Thanks guys. Never spliced into factory wires before so a little nervous about that. This is my first car that I can’t or won’t be using an aftermarket head unit.

You got the right idea. The easiest option is to use a DSP like the Audiocontrol LC2i Pro. You splice it onto a couple of rear full range speakers and it converts the signal to a usable flat signal.
This is the route I’m going since I probably want an active loc. Have heard issues with a high pitch whine that come from active loc’s, anything to be concerned about there?

High pitch whine is usually a grounding or interference issue or from using inexpensive signals cables run parallel to power/ground lines. Or, as is the case in some LOC's like the cheapo Scosche, poorly designed and very noisy (distorted). That Kickeris an excellent budget LOC, no peers for the money. I'm a fan of AudioControl products, have a ACM 4.300 going to my mids and tweets up front, DM810 10 channel DSP for an almost completely active system.

Here's a great video that covers both the AC and the kicker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...