Audison Bit Ten D harness replacement wiring issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryanbrinker

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,
I've been dealing with connectivity issues over the past few years with my Audison Bit Ten D setup. It was professionally installed, though as I've encountered general issues over the years, I've managed to replace an RCA cable and a speaker on my own. However, the most recent problem seemed to be directly related related to the Audison unit itself, as I've been able to "deal" with the issue by willing the harness wires a bit and also removed the previous electric tape and retaped the wires. This issue has gradually become worse and worse, and this past week I reached the point of feeling I should just replace the harness plugging into the Audison.

I ordered what looked like the proper 20-pin connector, and figured I could simply redo the connections one by one, from the old harness to the new one. The problem I ran into is that the wire colors do not match up exactly, and more importantly I'm pretty sure the RED wire was connected to a blue wire. Overall, I assumed I would be able to connect all of the speakers, and then simply figured out the proper power, switch, and ground wires etc. by process of elimination. Unfortunately when I got to that point, it seems that no matter what kind of combination I cannot get the Audison Unit to power up, OR at least power up with the amp. Oddly, the music goes seems to play from my phone, just barely loud enough to hear at max volume out of my speakers. I'm assuming it's because everything is connected, but zero juice.

At this point, I have a new harness, and I actually just ordered a replacement Audison bit ten d. I really hoping the problem is due to my ignorance in proper wire connection and not because my amp is dead.

If somebody could look at these pictures and tell me which wires I need to connect and/or splice. I'm confident I got the front and rear speakers (and subwoofer). It's the overall power situation I'm lost with. Thank you!

IMG_5238-scaled.jpg
IMG_5240-scaled.jpg
IMG_5239-scaled.jpg
IMG_5241-scaled.jpg

I don't envy you. I got frustrated looking at all those loose wires. First thing I would do is test my amplifier to see if it's still working. Then contact crutchfied.com to see if they can put together a "ready harness" to fit your particular situation. If you don't want to do that, use a multimeter to determine which cable is your power supply, and continue to experiment until you find the right combinations for the other wires. Hopefully someone on this forum has experience with the Audison Unit, and can provide some direction. Good luck.

I don't envy you. I got frustrated looking at all those loose wires. First thing I would do is test my amplifier to see if it's still working. Then contact crutchfied.com to see if they can put together a "ready harness" to fit your particular situation. If you don't want to do that, use a multimeter to determine which cable is your power supply, and continue to experiment until you find the right combinations for the other wires. Hopefully someone on this forum has experience with the Audison Unit, and can provide some direction. Good luck.
Thank you for the suggestions! I’m definitely going to give the multimeter a shot 👌

Thank you for the suggestions! I’m definitely going to give the multimeter a shot 👌
If the plug matches, you just need to match the wires up. I re-made the harness for my audison amp, and the hardest part was getting the speaker wires correct. I just used a little headphone plug, cut the headphones off, put it in my phone, and played music to figure out which speaker was what. Then I labeled the wires for the future.

Audison should have a plug pin-out available on their website if you need it.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...