Avh8400 handbrake wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rog

Hi there

I have wired up my avh8400 bt today. I made a mistake though with the green handbrake wire. I touched it to a 12v positve :-(. I thought i heard a noise but cant be sure. I have now connected back to the handbrake and it seems to be working ok. Can anyone tell me if i may have caused damage to the unit?

Cheers

rog

You think you heard the HU make a noise, or the wires made a crackle when they touched. Im not sure what would happen when you did this, but I would be most worried about the so called fragile ''pico'' fuse.

If you say it works fine, the hopefully no harm done.

Hi

Cheers for the feedback

I thought i heard a crackle noise but it could of been me leaning on the plastic trims or something. The dvd player seems to be working ok. Not found any issues as yet. If damage had been caused is there any other parts of the system that would be effected? Also what is/ where is the pico fuse?

Cheers

Rog

You won't know until something doesn't work properly. If you're not seeing any problem, you're probably OK. Just be careful with letting bare wire touch anything next time.

It would be inside the unit, and only on pioneers I believe. When you ''pop'' a pico fuse you can get a bad hum/noise coming through the speakers. I think the pico is connected to the ground on the rca's, I have seen where people will just put a blob of solder to replace the fuse. Because you said you touched 12v positive to a negative, I thought maybe, just maybe it could have affected this, thought I highly doubt it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.