Best 12” Subwoofer zcon, xcon, xxx, Z etc.

Hey guys,

So I’m having a hard time deciding on a pair of 12” subwoofers for my situation. I previously had 3 idmax 12 sealed off three JL JX1000. They sounded nice, but not quite enough for me. That was around 3k rms total but the idmax are more sq oriented.

I’m now looking to get two of some of the best subs that I can in a dual ported common chamber enclosure around 4.4 cubes shared tuned to 30 hz. If necessary I can have a proper box built but the drawback to the situation is I’ll be driving a 2012 Kia Soul with very limited trunk space. Up to 5-5.5 would be max I’d say.

Knowing all of this I will be using a soundqubed q3500.1d which will be around 4300 Watts rms at one ohm. Electrical will also be upgraded. I listen to all genres of music from extremely bass heavy modern day rap, to death metal which I want to be able to feel the kick drum without it all mushing together, to even some occasional Beatles.

I hear great things about the ssa xcon and zcon, but was also curious on the newer re xxx. I know they’re nothing like the older models, but are still pretty aesthetically impressive. Also the sundown Z but I figure that would be more low frequency oriented whereas I’m looking for a smooth response or as smooth as possible up to around 70-80 hz that still sounds good and clean while being able to get loud as hell when I want it to. Other brands around me are Addictive Audio, and American bass.

After all that said, anyone have any suggestions for my interests?

Thanks!

Michael

With that being said I'm going to show my brother denim some love and say xcon. I saw something on instagram about SSA coming out with a new sub. Haven't had time to check it out yet though.

Kind of new to the scene but how can 3 12s on 3k+ watts not be enough..
It's never enough. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Sundown xv2 12s with standard surrounds would hammer in a 5.5cube box.

So would two cab 12s on that power, after rise and set clean they should be fine daily.

It's never enough. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gifSundown xv2 12s with standard surrounds would hammer in a 5.5cube box.

So would two cab 12s on that power, after rise and set clean they should be fine daily.
The X was going to be my second recommendation.

I’ve had this box for awhile and I know it’s tuned awfully low :/ if I were to have one made for whichever subwoofer, thinking two xcons right now, what should I have it tuned to? I love the way the X look but I hear they’re simply low end monsters as in 50hz down. I’d want a little more punch ability from it I’d say, which also goes along with a higher tuning frequency.

I still have the three idmax 12s in my closet right now! It was a 5 cube triple sealed box, 1.67 or so to each sub separate chamber. It hit well, but somehow I only managed a 140 flat on a meter.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? From what I have learned since being on this site is; there are 3 concepts in this hobby of ours. Loud, deep, and clear, you can achieve two of these, but not all 3. Physics just will not allow it.

I’ve had this box for awhile and I know it’s tuned awfully low :/ if I were to have one made for whichever subwoofer, thinking two xcons right now, what should I have it tuned to? I love the way the X look but I hear they’re simply low end monsters as in 50hz down. I’d want a little more punch ability from it I’d say, which also goes along with a higher tuning frequency.I still have the three idmax 12s in my closet right now! It was a 5 cube triple sealed box, 1.67 or so to each sub separate chamber. It hit well, but somehow I only managed a 140 flat on a meter.
u want louder tune at 35hz it's good.. ssa has nice stuff

btw u ever seen fu audio subs check them out they cheap compared to many subs and made in us., u could do 2 fu 750 12's should be pretty loud on 1k each.. they have a 1250 too friend just got 1 15 loves it (running 1600rms to it)., cone is very nice and fu has different basket that any other sub i've seen..

With that being said I'm going to show my brother denim some love and say xcon. I saw something on instagram about SSA coming out with a new sub. Haven't had time to check it out yet though.
That was the zcon.

New triple stack motor. Looks exactly like an AA Mayhem.

That was the zcon.
New triple stack motor. Looks exactly like an AA Mayhem.
Screenshot_2017_09_20_22_36_46.png

It's never enough. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gifSundown xv2 12s with standard surrounds would hammer in a 5.5cube box.

I see you learned to included that standard surround label in your recommendations hahaha.

I’ve had this box for awhile and I know it’s tuned awfully low :/ if I were to have one made for whichever subwoofer, thinking two xcons right now, what should I have it tuned to? I love the way the X look but I hear they’re simply low end monsters as in 50hz down. I’d want a little more punch ability from it I’d say, which also goes along with a higher tuning frequency.I still have the three idmax 12s in my closet right now! It was a 5 cube triple sealed box, 1.67 or so to each sub separate chamber. It hit well, but somehow I only managed a 140 flat on a meter.
thats pretty sad man. Two of those ID max in a ported should be leagues louder on 2k rms. Should be breaking 145 db with two 12s on 2k, its a basic standard. I'd work on your enclosure skills and designs before buying random subs shoving it in a random box and only breaking 142db -143db on 4k rms. If your box game is not up to par, you should not be swapping gear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.