Best 6x9's for <$200

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
I know, another one of these threads. My buddy is looking for some 6x9's for around $150. We have located some Polk Momo's for $140, Some Alpine Type-R's for $150, and I believe DD 6x9's are $150 as well. Also, we shot Sonic an offer on these, they said they would take $180 for them - Massive Audio CK 6.9 III (CK69III) 6x9 2-Way CK Stage III Speakers

What do you guys think we should get? Component or coaxial, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that they are silk dome tweeters. And it's less than $200 per pair.

I'm not familiar with massive audio at all, but I really love the polk mm line for the price. Good midrange, and the tweets are nice and smooth and detailed without an overly warm sound imo. Lack a little bit in the midbass, 80-130hz, but I dont feel you'll miss too much

I'm not familiar with massive audio at all, but I really love the polk mm line for the price. Good midrange, and the tweets are nice and smooth and detailed without an overly warm sound imo. Lack a little bit in the midbass, 80-130hz, but I dont feel you'll miss too much
Yeah, I liked the Dxi's I heard a lot. More so than the previous-generation type-r's I heard.

Yeah, I liked the Dxi's I heard a lot. More so than the previous-generation type-r's I heard.
The mm691s are definitely noticeably better.

I'm thinking if I ever come across the cash, I may just swap out my kappas for them. I like alot about the kappas but "harshness" is getting to me finally after almost a year of running them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.