best midbass 8

dynaudio and morel imo
X2. And IMO stay away from CDT , i bought a pair of M6 Mids , and DRT-26T Tweeters. Tweeters were super harsh and peaky and the mids fell apart within 2 months with no help from CDT. The spider's came unglued , one came unglued from the frame , and the other one came unglued from the coil. P.O.S's IMO. Neither sounded like 500 bucks worth of speakers either. My infinity reference's sounded better. LOL

I've played with some tang band 6.5"s and was pretty impressed. Also the have 13mm xmax, and don't take a lot of power either.. If you wanted to try those out, they are on parts express as well.

There is no best there is only the best for your price point, application and freq. you need it to play.

Hybrid Audio L8

JL ZR800

Peerless SLS 8

CDT EF-8

Seas Lotus 8

Aura NS8

Tang Band W8-1363SB

JBL 2118

I researched this same issue recently. So many opinions on all the forums. The Jbl 2118's were a very common and popular recommendation. So were Tang band and B&C. I went with the B&C due to my needs and available power. I also wanted a true midbass speaker and not a subwoofer. Good luck with your search and purchase. If you look at partsexpress you may find something fairly inexpensive that fits your need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.