Sub 125.00 for 6-1/2" midbass shootout.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Get a set of the hand built DD 6.5 mids ...I ran 6 in the trunk of my Saleen on a DD M3 and it sounded like I had a couple of 12's or 10's in the trunk....It actually sounded a little better with 4 ...but after I built the box for 6 I never changed it back....to 4 ...I'd supprise the hell outta people after they sat in the car...I'd have the whole car flexing...then I'd open the trunk and all that was there were 6.5's...lol

I want some more mids up front in my doors. I like the sound of more low midrange coming from up front.

The kickers just cant handle what I want to throw at them.

These are DD midbass but when I ran a set up front the midbass was so strong I t sounded like I had an extra set of subs hooked up...so oneday I got a crazy idea and decided to try some out as subs and throw some killer power to them about 4-500rms each....

Jeephouse003.jpg

Jeephouse004.jpg

Jeephouse028.jpg

Jeephouse031.jpg

I used bedliner on a box. It did not look like yours. What did you use?

Those 6-1/2's look stout. How's the midrange- mids?

What about the lanzar opti comps?

Been looking at parts express drivers also. Just haven't heard any in person.
How high are you needing these mids to play? The Anarchy can play up to 2.5k easily, and has a ton of useable throw. I'm not sure how high the DD's can play but they have great midbass as well...anything at partsexpress is not going to compete with these two drivers in terms of sheer midbass capabilities.

May not have to play high. I may try a three way. Or probably better get a new 6.5 component set with great midbass and power handling.

what was the specs on that dd box? I have been kicking the idea around to use 4 or 6 6.5 subs. Either the tang bands or the dd's. I just like the shock factor when people figure out you dont have a 12 in your hatch.

Image Dynamics makes some equipment that can handle power. I know the CX62 or CX64 can handle quiet a bit of power, but I wouldnt cross them much lower than 60hz....

what was the specs on that dd box? I have been kicking the idea around to use 4 or 6 6.5 subs. Either the tang bands or the dd's. I just like the shock factor when people figure out you dont have a 12 in your hatch.
its been a while but I think it was 2.5 cu ft...i originally buit iy for 3 DD 8's....then changed my mind...so i'm thinking 2.25 plus port...its slot ported on the side

My set of ddw6.5's are amazing I love them and they kick *** period I have yet to deaden my doors and everyone that hears them is in love and saving for a set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.