Best setup for under $300

Patthehat033
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
Looking to get my buddy some subwoofers and an amp for under $300, what is the best setup for some pretty powerful bass? (Keep in mind he has never had subwoofers before, so what you consider not powerful will probably be powerful to him.)

Well I guess if the box is everything, then (a) subwoofer or subwoofers, an amp, and a box. He wants to spend under $300, I am looking for a good setup for him.

When I ask this question I mean like a specific subwoofer aka the model of a certain brand of subwoofer.

If you guys think one will sound as powerful as two subwoofers than I would be willing to hook him up with that as well.

And if it was me buying the subwoofers I would get them straight off the forum but he wants to buy them brand new off a website.

It is a Toyota Camry. I'll figure out what the year is soon.

i got a powerbass asa 600.1x with 2 powerbass 12's in a ported box i can sell him for 325 shipped.amp is less than a year old ,but used for 4 months

Custom box for sure. Apsm-1300 amp. Ssa dcon sub, biggest size that the recommended box size will fit in his car. 4 gauge amp wiring kit. You could go super cheap and get a lanzar max sub. Box is more important anyway. I thought people were full of crap always talking about the box but now I'm the only one of my friends with a custom ported low tuned box, I have inferior equipment, but I'm far louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.