best way to wire

Participant count
  • Participant list
Its a temporary amp I still haven't figured out whats a good 2 channel amp for my component set because I still haven't figured which component set I'm going with, but it need about 300 watts rms @ 2 ohms per channel.

I'm getting a Rockford Fosgate Power T600-2 instead thats just the one I was thinking about when I did that but I just need 300 watts rms per channel because I'm going to be running a set of Hybrid Audio Clarus C61-2 2-way Speaker System. Thats 2 mid bass and 2 tweeters in each door. I had saw the Power Acoustik and stuck with it while I did the diagram.

You need grounds from each alt to the front battery.

What size/brand wire? 2/0?

How well you protect, route, and secure wiring will make all the difference for safety. No idea how you will land that many wires on the front battery safely.

I'd take each alt straight to the back buss bar, minimum 2/0 power and ground on each. Then back feed the front battery through an isolator. It's just for starting and vehicle electronics anyway, correct?

Rear battery to chassis is for safety and voltage stability, so a fault will actually clear. While the chassis isn't being relied on for a current path, it will exist since the alts are bonded to the engine which is bonded to the chassis. Upgrade all current paths, power and ground, for full rated ampacity.

Helluva build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.