Better set-up (hertz mlk milli series 6.5 or jl c5 series 65.5)?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not really sure how these 2 are being put against each other. The Hertz is far superior. I have not heard them both, but just the build quality alone on the Hertz is quite amazing, not to mention the price difference.

well I got the JL c5 component set installed last week and just happen to buy these hertz mlk millis today brand new from a friend that had money trouble. I also bought the JL 600/4 amp from him also both brand new in box.

Since the c5's are already installed can I just install the milli components as well since I have an amp to run them? Or would that be to much sound? I own a 370Z pics can be sen here:

Nissan 370Z Forum - boomboom's Album: stereo custom install!

Thank you for any advice. by the way the rear fill speakers are also hertz but they are space6

I would just take out the JL and install the Hertz, if you want to go through the trouble. Dont really think you need to add another set. Plus I am picky so I wouldnt want to mix component sets. Lol. Since you have Hertz rear fill then go ahead and throw those sexy Hertz in the front, sell the JL components and amp and call it a day. Or less the JL amp is better than the amp you had... I didnt look at the pics. One sec.

Very nice install. Geeez. Money! Haha. Well you have matching amps, so there goes me being picky again. But if you dont mind, switch the amp out too. I think the JL amp would be a slight upgrade. If not, deff switch out the components like I said, I think you will be surprised on how much better they are.

Very nice install. Geeez. Money! Haha. Well you have matching amps, so there goes me being picky again. But if you dont mind, switch the amp out too. I think the JL amp would be a slight upgrade. If not, deff switch out the components like I said, I think you will be surprised on how much better they are.
Your a lot like me.lol I like when my stuff matches.I think I am gonna switch out the jl and install the millis.The only thing is though is I am going to have to use the JL amp to run the millis cause the memphis one I have now is only 75rms per speaker and its running all 4.So I will use the JL amp to run the millis at 300rms bridged per speaker and still use the memphis to run the rear hertz bridged at 150rms per speaker.. That make sence? I will just hide the JL amp under the seat so it doesn't mess with the looks of the install.That should be an upgrade for sound for the rear hertz as well as the up grade for the front millis.

I was surprised today when the installer said the millis wouldnt sound much better than the C5's...what the hell is he talking about?

Your a lot like me.lol I like when my stuff matches.I think I am gonna switch out the jl and install the millis.The only thing is though is I am going to have to use the JL amp to run the millis cause the memphis one I have now is only 75rms per speaker and its running all 4.So I will use the JL amp to run the millis at 300rms bridged per speaker and still use the memphis to run the rear hertz bridged at 150rms per speaker.. That make sence? I will just hide the JL amp under the seat so it doesn't mess with the looks of the install.That should be an upgrade for sound for the rear hertz as well as the up grade for the front millis.
I like this idea... Should sound ridiculous. What JL amp is it again? 300/2?

The Milles will sound a lot better if installed and tuned right. Fact. JL makes great subs and amps. Their speakers? Not so much, unless you're talking about ZR 8" mids.

i've auditioned the C5 next to the MLK-165 (among dozens of other speakers). i've installed the MLK-165.

JL can't touch the Mille. very few speakers can. it's a reference quality monitor. it's free from distortion and coloration. it's a steal at $850 IMO. I wouldn't install the C5's in my own vehicle (even if free). I'm saving for Mille's.

The Mille's can shake the seats in a Scion when ran off an Audison (a Scion that has just under 200 sf of BXT II and is very, very dead). Before the doors were sealed and for the time the Mille's were ran off the HU (chuckle) they were good, but didn't sound like they were worth the money. Once the Audison came to life, everything changed. Once the doors were sealed - it was jaw dropping good.

will it fit? the Mille is HUGE. you need 3" of depth to make it work. if you have the extra depth available...

me holding it:

2005tC_doors016.jpg

2005tC_doors017.jpg

2005tC_doors014.jpg

Just roll down the window and measure your available depth, including baffle thickness. We added about an inch of depth with the 3/4" MDF baffle and four layers of BXT II and CCF and it just fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.