Bi-Amping, didn't have a clue..

You create a lot of pointless threads brotha, but this forum is so dead these days I suppose it's good at least someone is posting...

Biamping is the use of separate amp channels to power a two-way coax speaker ie using an amp channel to power the tweeter section and another amp channel to power the midrange section of the same coax speaker. There some passive component sets that will allow you to biamp the tweet and mid using the same xover network.

Bi-amping typically refers to using seperate channels on an amp run to the tweeter and mid inputs on a component or in some cases a coaxial speaker set seperately. Running your tweeters and mids directly off your amp without passive crossovers is an active system. All depends if you are using passive crossovers or not if it's bi-amped or active.

yeah I've never heard of anyone use the term bi amping when running active, since active HAS to be run that way, 1 channel to each speaker.. For passive setups though bi-amping just means you are still using a seperate channel for each speaker along with the inline crossover.

Yup I run bi-amplified 6x9's and 4x6's and sails in the stock set up for my Oldsmobile Alero. Basically the amp carries it's own crossover. The 6x9's have 2 sets of inputs per speaker one to the tweets one to the woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.