big 3 fail?

i did I'm tempted to do it. so if i want to sell the car is it easy to re do the ELD stuff? just twist or crimp them back together?

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

does it seem too hard to do? i can follow instructions and identify wires. and i can crime and stuff.

Did you read my links? Do you know what Honda ELDs do? Guess not.
do you know what I drive? do you know the cars i've had? do you know anything about me? guess not. just //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif i have a civic with ELD, and guess what i rarely have it kick off my alt. i get a good chunk of amperage out of my alt at idle. i bassrace and during my bassrace runs i dont usually drop below 13.5. so yes i do know what ELDs do, and yes i have a civic with one, so yeah i might know a thing or 2 about them.

i hit a 128.7 which isn't much with the current set up. I'm going to make a double baffled box that is 3.5 cubes and tuned closer to 27 hertz. because with my car it jumps 5 hertz (forget the terminology but i think it starts with a d lol) so it would be a solid 32 hertz with the jump. and the obsidian hits hard. and sounds great on the lows. with the single baffle its "pinging" like no other.
so you only did a 128 with a single 15? IMO you should be doing much better even with your horrible grounds. hell another guy on here did a little bit better with some horrible amps/subs and horrid grounds. there has got to be something else.

I think this post possibly summed up your problem if I am understanding what you have for wiring in your car. Upgrading the Big 3 in 2/0 is a good idea. What I noticed is that you said you have 4 gauge running through your car? This would lead me to believe you are running a distribution block to a pair of amps since you said ''amps". A single 4 gauge wire for a 1000 watt amp and a 4-channel is too small, you will need 2 gauge or larger, or run a separate 4 gauge run for the 4-channel. Also make sure your amp grounds are appropriately sized as well, must have 4 gauge power and 4 gauge ground minimum for a 1000 watt amp. Another thing to consider is the ground location for your amps, make sure it is sanded clean and screwed or bolted down well, very well.

manti5 : what kinda modding u talking about? i have 2/0 welding cable big 3 already done. 4 wag running through my car. 4 channel loc already spliced in. so all i could see being need to be done would be maybe a different wire set up d=for hooking up the alt. but id get one made for my car so there shouldn't be an issue. right? or am i totally missing it?

my amps can't take anything bigger than a 4 gauge. i have a distro block and the ground is 4 gauge. solid ground. a lot of it is how small my box is. its barely 2.6 cubes way too small. imma make a bigger one with my tax return.

I'll weigh in here...I don't have a huge setup (search me on the build logs and you will see what I have) but I did the Big 3 with "0" Knu wire and created additional ground points on both sides of the engine block and the chassis on both sides near the front struts. I have 2 Kinetik batts under the hood too. 1800's. I still get some dimming if I really push the system to the limit, which I rarely do. I could upgrade my 160A alt to 230A but with only 1K Watts RMS, I'm not really all that interested.

Now, you may ask why I went through all the Big 3 for such a small system (when compared to the SPL crazies here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) and the reason is that I am always thinkin' about goin' larger...no reason not to be prepared.

I'll weigh in here...I don't have a huge setup (search me on the build logs and you will see what I have) but I did the Big 3 with "0" Knu wire and created additional ground points on both sides of the engine block and the chassis on both sides near the front struts. I have 2 Kinetik batts under the hood too. 1800's. I still get some dimming if I really push the system to the limit, which I rarely do. I could upgrade my 160A alt to 230A but with only 1K Watts RMS, I'm not really all that interested.
Now, you may ask why I went through all the Big 3 for such a small system (when compared to the SPL crazies here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) and the reason is that I am always thinkin' about goin' larger...no reason not to be prepared.
82qiK.jpg

Do you have a single 4 gauge running back or one for each amp? If you have a single 4 gauge going back then a distro block with 4 gauge to the amps, the wire coming from the battery to the block is too small.

my amps can't take anything bigger than a 4 gauge. i have a distro block and the ground is 4 gauge. solid ground. a lot of it is how small my box is. its barely 2.6 cubes way too small. imma make a bigger one with my tax return.

yeah i have 4 gauge running to the distro. i think the distro can take 0/1 . if i do that i should change my ground to 0/1?/ or would i be okay with the 4 awg ground cuz there would be 4 wag running from the distro to the amps?

Ideally what you would need is 2 gauge or 1/0 running to the power distro, then 4 gauge to each amp. You would also need 2 gauge or 1/0 running to the ground distro and 4 gauge to the amps. Either way, you want bigger wire going to the distributing blocks than going to the amps as well as making sure the amps have the largest gauge power wire in them that they can take.

yeah i have 4 gauge running to the distro. i think the distro can take 0/1 . if i do that i should change my ground to 0/1?/ or would i be okay with the 4 awg ground cuz there would be 4 wag running from the distro to the amps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.