big 3 in progress...

I didnt realize somebody voicing an opinion on the internet in a thread effected your life/lifesyle in any way,shape or form...
Stop spamming, if the mods think its a pointless post, then they will delete it. Leave me alone.
immaturity at its finest. have a great life my friend, have a great life.

edit: also, i remember my first time being butthurt, hurts dont it :'(

immaturity at its finest. have a great life my friend, have a great life.
d177f3a95c132744.gif.gif

why is it that people on this forum condone using suspension bolts for grounding!?!

#1 it's unsafe. the soft metal used in ring terminals is not rated with the same sheer strength as the suspension bolts. you're reducing the strength of that bolt, which is just dangerous.

#2 it's shortening the usable life of the vehicle. when you sand away paint you will introduce rust. rust at the suspension bolt means at some point in the near future you're further weakening that critical part of the car. when that rusts out, no one will want the vehicle.

#3 it's a poor ground point. it is a separate piece that is welded to the body. you're introducing a current path through the suspension components. who knows what that current will do to the gas inside the actual strut. it's a longer path, through more welds and connections, than the frame (which is right below the battery).

i see it again and again on this forum. it scares me that you're doing this to your vehicles. i wouldn't buy a vehicle where someone did that, nor would i want to ride in it. you've introduced a failure point into a very important piece of the vehicle.

when you sand for a ground, mask the area off first, mask off just larger than the ring terminal. so you only remove paint where you are grounding. then seal the ground connection (on both sides) with dielectric grease or silicone.

Ideal Big 3 Ground Locations:

Battery to Frame

Engine Block to Frame

My 2001 Accord

2296173_185_full.jpg

2005 Scion tC

frame ground location

big3wiring010.jpg

engine block ground location

big3wiring007.jpg

installed, grade 8 bolts used for grounds with silicone over the frame termination

big3wiring025.jpg

terminated on battery

big3wiring033.jpg

lol its funny cause im not sure what about my post that pissed people off in the first place.

If you missed it. Im not mad. That post i can see how it can be interpreted as immature. The truth is I found your post to be very contradictory so i showed how it is.

Based upon your post i can tell u mad. My first time getting it, I was indeed butthurt. After awhile it did feel good tho.

and i dont really consider anybody on here my friend or a "internet friend".

while we are on the subject... name calling is not productive or helpful. i'm not trying to call anyone out in my previous post, or get into your spat. i mean no offense to the OP, who I know is just following others.

I'm passionate about safety and i cringe when i see advice being given that compromises vehicle safety.

I feel the EXACT same about seat belt grounds. don't touch seatbelts, suspension, any bolt that serves a purpose. car audio systems should not make a car less safe or less reliable. They should enhance the driving experience while increasing occupant safety. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so i cant ground to the engine where the stock one was because the bolt is impossible to get off. so where else can i ground off of?

I never use the alternator bolt. I don't compromise that bolt with a ring terminal: softer metal, fewer threads, etc. The alt is firmly bonded to the engine block which is firmly bonded to the transmission housing. Block or transmission are fine, as long as the bolt is not being used for something else. I will only reuse grounding bolts if I like the location.

While the alt mounting bolt seems to make sense from a connectivity standpoint, I don't compromise factory bolts. Ideally, there would be a grounding bolt on the alternator chassis that is not used for mounting.

OP: most blocks have unused threaded holes that do not go through the block, but are for unused mounting brackets when the same block is shared across platforms. That was the case in the scion above. The only difficulty was determining the thread. Keep looking and keep the faith!

so far i have done pos to alt(which i did today) and neg to ground. i still have to do to engine block which i can see where the stock wire is but the bolt is basically impossible to get off. i tried putting WD40 on it but still no avail. where are other places i can do this at? here are some pics of what i did today

880f79f1.jpg picture by 95saturn - Photobucket

sorry about how dark it is. the alt can only be accessed from under the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif. i will get a picture of where the factory grounding to engine block is.

oh and i got in my new batt terminals and i asked for extra stickers for advertising when i ordered and well...lol

6b8db4df.jpg picture by 95saturn - Photobucket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.