Extended Usage of System for Party

Participant count
  • Participant list

toptixx

My company has a huge tailgate outside Cowboys Stadium at every Dallas Cowboys home game. For the last 12 years the Music has been the life of the party, that being said, hauling a big bulky sony stereo and gas powered generator has become tiresome.

We recently purchased a 94 astro van to help haul and store all of our tailgate needs (tables, chairs, etc)

So after purchasing this old van, we started thinking getting a custom stereo and tv installed would take the hassle out of hauling a 50 lb stereo and a 75 lb generator.

But here is the catch......our party starts 4 hours prior to the game, then we watch the game, with some audio through speakers, then after the game as folks come back out, we jam tunes for another 2 hours. So for a 12 noon game you are looking at 8:am to 5:00 P.M.

After shopping around Dallas for thoughts and ideas, everyone has different power ideas, and then shoot down the ideas i had previously gotten.

Basically I will have 2 sets of 6x9's and 2 sets of 6 1/2's in the rear doors.

On the Tv Panel built in I'll have 3 sets of 6 1/2's and one set of 5x7's.

Ive been told I will need two 4 channel amps (one for each 8 speakers), I will need 3 deep cycle marine batteries.

Ive been told by others i need to buy a seperate car battery with a compressor (have no clue)

What would work, or is it impossible?

Voltage Drop, Power, Battery Calculator

Refer to the bottom calculator. Input total time and expected current draw. Then it calculates the required battery amp-hour rating needed.

Mixing different speaker types will sound poor, as will multiple speakers facing the same direction. You can research Comb Filtering for why it will sound poor. I design commercial sound systems, we avoid comb filtering at all costs.

Using one pair of high power speakers is always preferred for stereo playback, simple, and may be cheaper in the long run. If you already have a bunch of cheap speakers you want to reuse, then whatever. Not trying to give you a hard time, just giving input so your time isn't wasted. For mono playback, a single center cluster will always outperform other configurations.

You can determine the number of amplifiers by figuring out impedance loads. I recommend a full range class-D simply for efficiency. I see no low end, at least replace the 6x9's with some 10's and run them low pass.

Mfr and model numbers, power ratings, impedance, and sketches your plans will allow for better input.

Maybe redirect the exhaust up stacks so the vehicle can run while exhaust stays high. How many batteries depends on the Amp-hour and reserve capacity of the batteries, the load on them, and the discharge time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.