Blown Fuse?

Participant count
  • Participant list

IDSkoT
5,000+ posts

Resonating Reticular
Although, I'll admit this post probably shouldn't be in this section, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I have a '98 Mustang, and both of my cigarette lighters won't work. They aren't both cigarette lighters, only one is-- I forget what they call the other one. Like a 12-volt outlet or something... e_e

Anyway, I went with a little voltage pen thing which is pretty bo-bo (shitty) that I just had lying around my house and I tested every fuse. And everyone had a charge going through it. Now, I'm not sure if that means the fuse is working or not... I just know on one side there's power. But at any rate: Should I go back and check both sides of every fuse? Or is there something I can Google that will tell me?

Or is it not a fuse and something else?

Sorry for my ignorance.

or you could look on your fuse panel cover when you pull it out and it will tell you what fuse is for what, then pull that fuse and see if its blown. the one for your cig lighter should say cig on the panel and should be a 15 amp. as for the 12v i dont recall what that one is off my head.

or you could look on your fuse panel cover when you pull it out and it will tell you what fuse is for what, then pull that fuse and see if its blown. the one for your cig lighter should say cig on the panel and should be a 15 amp. as for the 12v i dont recall what that one is off my head.

Reason 492 not to get a Ford: It just shows the # as per fuse... but I didn't get the owner's manual so that f*cks me over. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

sounds like a fuse to me, i had the same problem on my old ranger, replaced the fuse and walla, it worked. I think there might be a fuse in the cigerette lighter part as well, but dont quote me on that.

The 2nd one is a power outlet.
Most likely a fuse. Pull the fuses and look to see if they're broken.
Any tool you recommend? There was this fuse puller that is attached to the top of the fuse box top... and, it ***** so much. I don't have needle nose either... I have dykes, though? =\

I have a question for you, Ultimate, I have a few SMALL ass 25amp fuses. Like, they're 1/2 the size in length as a normal size 20amp fuse. Could those be it? Or am I just gunna have to bust out the needlenose and yank out every fuse?

I have a question for you, Ultimate, I have a few SMALL ass 25amp fuses. Like, they're 1/2 the size in length as a normal size 20amp fuse. Could those be it? Or am I just gunna have to bust out the needlenose and yank out every fuse?
they could be anything, just because they are small doesnt mean they are bad. if you have a small one rated at 25 amp compared to a huge one rated at 25, they both do the same thing. but yours will most likely be a 15 amp fuse

get a test light or multimeter and test both sides of every fuse (including the ones under the hood, except maxi). that should tell you if ones blown. also check if the sockets plugged in, ive seen it before where it wasn't

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.