Body filler & bondo

bondo is a brand name for body filler and other products...and the bondo brand body filler sands pretty easy. and sand during the greenstage....i will link you if you are interested

Rage Gold or Extreme is where its at. Its easy to apply, doesn't shrink, & sands extremely easy. You will not be disappointed. Worth the penny

Bondo on the other hand you will have some problems with...

Im guessing you want a flush mounted sub but dont have a router/circle jig so youre using a jigsaw but its hard to get a perfect circle with that so you want to fill some spots?

they will all get the job done. If you dont want to sand alot tape up the sub and drop it in the ring, screw it in and shmear the filler where needed.

Too each his own . Proper application eliminates 99% of the sanding. If your having too much trouble sanding any filler your using too much , and not applying it smoothly . But what do I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

UHHHH NAWWWWW THING!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif...

Hey, I don't pay for it Ramos... that's what I have at work to work with. And I tell you... it's nice... hands down my choice especially when I'm not paying for it.

nG

Not saying there is anyting wrong with rage products , used to use them myself until bondo came out with the premium stuff. Everyone sees the word bondo and assumes the worst . I'm telling ya , buy some and try it sometime. Completely different formula than regular bondo or dynatron ( also a bondo manufactured product ) sands just as easy as rage gold , and costs less //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my circle for the sub is fine. what I'm doing is adding a speaker ring to my box and wanted to use body filler to make a nice curves that's flows from box to speaker ring. then I wanted to be able to vinyl the box.

I saw some rage gold for 30.00 gallong today. is that normally what it sells for?

how much is bondo extremem normally?

is there a thread showing process of using body filler. I'm familiat with fg and have done it several times but i've never used body filler before.

thanks,

Are you just using a single .75" ring to space it up... or more?

Personally, if it's any more than .75" then I'd just use grill cloth and spread it over... and resin it. Put 3coats of resin... then skin it with some body filler and you would be good.

nG

I would just taper the outside of the rings then smooth it over with some kitty hair if it was me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.