Boomin_tahoe's s10 build

It's taken some time fore sure...I think the stain for the majority of the part and polyutherane the box and amp tray area took up the most part. I got some black/white speaker wire yesterday in the mail and made a small change. Out with the blue and in with the new :D

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

About time you did something ! Lol it looks really nice bud ! I should talk, I haven’t done anything yet lol ! I did order some stuff to get ready though , does that count ?
Oh trust me, I was w/o bass for a long time!! It's the way it goes sometimes. Working on multiple projects at a time, the SS amps are sold, redoing the amp rack for the new Wolfram amps, and my machine went tits up until I can buy a new switch for it. So that is on hold for now. I was working on the s10 install a little at a time in between working 2 days extra per wk. at my job.

Oh trust me, I was w/o bass for a long time!! It's the way it goes sometimes. Working on multiple projects at a time, the SS amps are sold, redoing the amp rack for the new Wolfram amps, and my machine went tits up until I can buy a new switch for it. So that is on hold for now. I was working on the s10 install a little at a time in between working 2 days extra per wk. at my job.
Well it really looks nice ! And it’s probably nice to be back in bass again too ! I am still driving around without for now but the new truck does have Bose system so better than nothing but far from what I had lol

Amp doesn't get warm, btw. I wonder if it's because I'm only running the sub ch atm but that's good news. Wait until I get the front ch/comps hooked up it may start to get warm afterwords.

Boomin_tahoe said:
Amp doesn't get warm, btw. I wonder if it's because I'm only running the sub ch atm but that's good news. Wait until I get the front ch/comps hooked up it may start to get warm afterwords.
I ran SQubed HDS312 on it with a set of CDT Braxial 6.5 with upstage tweets,and a set of Hertz 6.5 Coax and a set of Kicker KS25 tweets  for a temp set up while I was building out my Honda, and started on my first wall in the truck.She ran warm.But I always run my amps elevated and always with an external. I later tried those Dayton HO tens/pair, did nicely

Boomin_tahoe said:
Hows that 8 pushing? seem like you have enough power or need a little more?

That 8 def want's more power. I cannot turn past 22 on my HU because I have my speakers runnning off of it atm until next yr when it warms up and then hook them up to the amp. But for now I got some bass back. Surprisingly it does sound fairly good....and that HU I have has some power it can keep up with the sub.

Of course, I can't wait until next year to get it finished up. I found a way to cut the plexi to the point where all I would have to do is size it up on my mill then drill/counterbore the bolt holes. Then I made these to replace the small ones...

005.jpg

Of course, I can't wait until next year to get it finished up. I found a way to cut the plexi to the point where all I would have to do is size it up on my mill then drill/counterbore the bolt holes. Then I made these to replace the small ones...

View attachment 2277
Nothing like customizing.Always satisfaction in the end.Id like to get a nice router set up again by summer.Been a while since Ive used one.Time as well.

I've had my Craftsman router for several years now. Back when Sears actually gave a **** about their customers. Still works good tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.