BOSS sub enclosure recommendation..??

why u guys allways have to talk **** the sub really isnt that bad yea they lied about how much power it can take but for the money its a pretty good sub. it will only take 600 rms and like 1000-1200 max i sent u pm
Can someone ban this guy for being such a fu(king dumb *** and not knowing what he is talking about

Can someone ban this guy for being such a fu(king dumb *** and not knowing what he is talking about
Do you have experience with the sub? Don't call him out over a brand name.

I always feel really bad when a new guy comes along and everything yells at him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thread starter. You have no clue how to set an amp, obviously. How do you set it? You can set it be testing numbers or by ear. Obviously you didn't do either because when you crank it up it sounds like ****, and that sub should take 300w pretty well. Do you think it is getting 300 watts since your amp says 300w and you turned the gain all the way up?

Not everyone is an expert in car audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Not everyone is an expert in car audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Thats why we are helping the inexperienced. The issue arises when the inexperienced dont want to listen and learn from the more experienced. Exactly like what is happening in this very thread. If new people dont want to get ripped apart for asking for help then they shouldnt act like they know everything and go against the advice and then bitch that their junk doesnt work or blows or doesnt sound good or what ever.

ok..... im testing by ear i have no ''gain'' controls on my amp only ''volume'' (set @ 100%), the amp does have a high pass & low pass filter its on ''LPF'' & its set to about 180hz (40-250hz i believe) ive played around with this setting & this sounds best all the way up the volume scale from the HU, it also has 2x 25A blade fuses.

when i mentioned ''cranking up'' in the previous post i was referring to the HU not the amp, the sub doesn't crackle that far up but i can hear the cone slapping the bottom of the magnet i think....

are we in agreement at least that if i bought the BOSS sub & built it a box it would do 600wrms & sound pretty deep..??(in comparison to what i run now)

ok..... im testing by ear i have no ''gain'' controls on my amp only ''volume'' (set @ 100%), the amp does have a high pass & low pass filter its on ''LPF'' & its set to about 180hz (40-250hz i believe) ive played around with this setting & this sounds best all the way up the volume scale from the HU, it also has 2x 25A blade fuses.
when i mentioned ''cranking up'' in the previous post i was referring to the HU not the amp, the sub doesn't crackle that far up but i can hear the cone slapping the bottom of the magnet i think....

are we in agreement at least that if i bought the BOSS sub & built it a box it would do 600wrms & sound pretty deep..??(in comparison to what i run now)
Subs should be set somewhere between 60-80Hz. No wonder it sounds like shiz. Do you have bass, treble, etc on your headunit all the way up to?

I used a Boss Audio amp, on 2 Pioneer subs a couple years ago and had no problems. The amp is 850w, and the subs were 3-400 rms each. The amp is still sitting next to me, about to get shipped to its new owner. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

right..... gotcha!!

i have this HU......Clarion DXZ958RMC

clarion_13_10_05.jpg

there's no graphic equalizer on the bloody thing, it only seems to allow me to alter the ''db's'' over the seperate channels.... how stupid is that.

there is a SW filter built in offering a low pass of 50hz - 80hz - 120hz - through ..... its set to ''through''

Op, the other guys are shouting at you over the internet, about a sub brand they don't like. So....With their shouting advice, and what Im about to say, I hope you will reconsider your purchase on that sub, because......Its a total peice of ****. It was manufactured together with craft glue and the cheapest parts available.

I "Highly" recommend you listen to these guys. They have experience, they have been through it before, and they are helping you to not make the same mistakes they did when they were starting out. Its all trial and error, and that boss subwoofer has been proven to be all error.

right..... gotcha!!
i have this HU......Clarion DXZ958RMC

clarion_13_10_05.jpg

there's no graphic equalizer on the bloody thing, it only seems to allow me to alter the ''db's'' over the seperate channels.... how stupid is that.

there is a SW filter built in offering a low pass of 50hz - 80hz - 120hz - through ..... its set to ''through''
Thats your problem right there. i personally would set it at 80hz.

Your sub is trying to hit high notes that it is not supposed to do, thats like hooking a tweeter up and telling it to hit low notes, your sub will eventually die if you continue to do that.

Op, the other guys are shouting at you over the internet, about a sub brand they don't like. So....With their shouting advice, and what Im about to say, I hope you will reconsider your purchase on that sub, because......Its a total peice of ****. It was manufactured together with craft glue and the cheapest parts available.

I "Highly" recommend you listen to these guys. They have experience, they have been through it before, and they are helping you to not make the same mistakes they did when they were starting out. Its all trial and error, and that boss subwoofer has been proven to be all error.

Understood....

right........ i'll have another sift through ebay & the classifids in the UK & see what else i can get.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

SW filter should be set at 80Hz. Bass boost on the HU should be off. db's should be set to a flat 0.
thanks whitedragon i'll carry out the above..... i don't have ''bass boost'' on the HU but there is one on the amp which i'll turn off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

im in the building trade for a living so creating the box is not a problem, but i will see if i can get a better sub...

i'll be back...

[/QUOTE]

Thats your problem right there. i personally would set it at 80hz.
Your sub is trying to hit high notes that it is not supposed to do, thats like hooking a tweeter up and telling it to hit low notes, your sub will eventually die if you continue to do that.
with the LPF switched on the amp, no ''high notes'' get through at all!!..??

but i will set the filter on the HU to 80hz & see how it goes..

ok ....after a little hunt here's a few 12'' alternatives for around the same prices.

Lanzar Heritage

VIBE SPACE

Directed SX

(10'' but looks nice)

Lanzar Optidrive

Earthquake Tremor

(though this one is in auction & i doubt i'd get it for the price im looking to pay)

Genesis A30

(slightly underpowered, but a good brand i think)

Audiobahn

(this one looks quite nice..???)

INPHASE

Ground Zero

(this one's a little expennsive, but its probably a good one)

Impulse

afew gems & a few dogs no doubt...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.