Box Biulding

Participant count
  • Participant list

fu-man-chu
10+ year member

I am going to be building a box for my Power HX2 and I have heard of people putting Dynamat along the inside walls and the ports for increased sound. I was just wondering if there was any truth in this.

Thank you for your time, and help.

i have heard of that too. i don't know about the truth of it, but it seems to make sense. it would really help kill any resonating the box might do.

One problem you have with a sub box (and everything else in a car for that matter) is that the wood the box is built from will resonate: that is, it will make noise when the subs do thier job. Many people utilize thicker wood to help cure this issue; while others do the dynamat thing. If you build a good box, and use enough bracing (connecting opposite sides with a baffle) then your box should be fine.

I you have a local home audio dealer, go and look at some high-end home speakers and ask about resonance. They will tell you all about having a sturdy box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.