Box design for my Lexus ES

Sv05lex

So I just bought a 2005 Lexus ES 330 and put in my 12 inch fiQ in a box that I made for my last pick up truck it was in hooked it up to the stock stereo via line output converter and it sounds decent but not as good as the truck because the trunk is sealed off pretty well.

So I've been looking at a few posts on here about aero porting through the rear deck spot that has an 8 inch stock sub which I would remove and fire the port through and I was thinking about facing the sub forward towards the front of the car and sealing it off from the trunk so that it fires through the ski pass opening that My car has.

Just trying to see if anyone has attempted or tried this set up and how it sounds

Also if you got any ideas of how to attach the aero port to the rear deck securely

Current setup

image_zpsfjieysqn.jpeg

Hey jeff-does fourth order blowthrough mean the sealed portion is 1/4 of teh ported? And if so for example my e8 sundown is spec'd at .75ft^3 ported and .3 sealed. But that is not a 4:1 ratio. Am I missing something. I can't find this info anywhere. I have found that people suggest the ported part of the box to be tuned in teh 40s because teh sealed part takes care of the lows.

Am I anywhere near the truth? And is an e8v4 a good candidate for a blowthrough?

I think he means the ported section is ported through the rear deck or through a ski pass if you car has it. I am probably going to do this with my volvo through the ski pass in the rear seat. Good thing about 4ths in cars like this is you have no rattle at all. I wouldnt guess at ratios or tuning on a 4th at all. Have someone model one depending on the range and goals you want. I have a 4th design that has a larger sealed section and smaller ported section tuned to 60hz. I wanted a flat response from 70 down. The ratios and tuning changed based on what you are trying to achieve. If you want loud and low, you may end up with a larger ported section with a lower tuning.

I was definitely looking into a 4th order design, I'd be interested in going that route if it still enables me to get a full range of response like i'm currently getting out of my ported box. Are there any good free calculators out there for 4th order design or is this completely custom?

I also really like the idea of no rattle and not having to leave my skii pass door down all the time for example if I have a rear center passenger riding bch

I saw on lexus forums a dude who did a 4th order for 2 10's but mine would be a little different because its just 1 12

The proper subwoofer enclosure for a GS trunk|no trunk rattle *video*&*pics* - Club Lexus Forums

my car is setup pretty similar to the gs, but i'm pretty sure my ES is a stock 8'' sub so i'll be removing that and porting through it

I get paid on friday so hopefully get this rolling by the weekend

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.