Box design Skar VVX-10v2, aeroport?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rpd

AL
Background: In a hatchback (Honda Fit), going for 30-32hz, up to 1.75 cubes, rear firing sub, port firing dunno yet. Sub will be on 650 RMS (rated RMS is 600w), at 1 ohm. Wanting to try aeroport mainly just for the fun of it, but it's advantages do line up nicely with my goals. I have my maximum outer dimensions figured out, but seeing what the modelling might dictate that before committing to any of them. It will should end up being less than my maximum.

Using WinISD Pro, I haven't found any combination of box volume and port configuration that gives even a borderline rear port air velocity figure, even 2 4" ports give over 80 ft/s. Singles and multiples of 2" - 4", nothing works out. I input both Pe as 600w, Signal: system input power as 650w. I understand that the program can't account for flared ends, but surely it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Is there a problem with the way I put in the Pe and signal parameters, or should I just give up on an aeroport for this box? Also, I don't want any of the port sticking out, just no.

Sub T/S: Skar Audio VVX-10v2 600 Watt RMS 10" Subwoofer

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.