box plans-HDC3-18

AllDayMJ
10+ year member

VR4 power.
ill let you guys look and see if this is any good, not sure if i truly have enough space..and yes, i plan to insert the pvc ports first and then pull them out and caulk them once in trunk...plan is sub up port back in 97 grand prix gt

subboxforforumpicf.jpg

can you fit something alittle bigger?... I have mine in 5.2 and it slaaams..
what amp you got on it? or how much power
ask other grand prix owners(97-01), my max dimensions are 34.5x21x14.5... and im using 1" MDF above and subtracted both bracing and sub volume...idk, what would most people consider the minimum volume for an 18(or this 18? lol)

and im probably buying the PowerBass ASA 1500.1D off millionbuy seeing its on sale and puts out atleast 1400w of solid reliable power for 240.40 shipped..

ask other grand prix owners(97-01), my max dimensions are 34.5x21x14.5... and im using 1" MDF above and subtracted both bracing and sub volume...idk, what would most people consider the minimum volume for an 18(or this 18? lol)
and im probably buying the PowerBass ASA 1500.1D off millionbuy seeing its on sale and puts out atleast 1400w of solid reliable power for 240.40 shipped..
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Just spend a little extra and get an aq2200d

can you fit something alittle bigger?... I have mine in 5.2 and it slaaams..
what amp you got on it? or how much power
cant fit

bigger box....
i would throw a 15 in there but def. not an 18

like stated go with 5ft^3
only have 5cu.ft if built sealed..lol, id much rather port the 15 in a nice ass box than go for shock appeal of and do an 18 selaed...grand prix trunks are **** for bigger boxes...

you have your terms mixed up, gross is before, net is what's left //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

3.7 seems a bit small though. You'd have to pump soooo much power into that sub and I'm not sure the copper coil would like that.

you have your terms mixed up, gross is before, net is what's left :p
3.7 seems a bit small though. You'd have to pump soooo much power into that sub and I'm not sure the copper coil would like that.
lol, i realized after and just left it..

and im thinking about 14-1600w out of a powerbass asa 1500.1d

try it see how it sound probally peaky as hell but if the peaks i where you want it and it sounds good keep it
problem with that..is if i don't like it and doesn't peek right, then there's not much i can do and need to sell and 18..lol, i could, but rather just make the right purchase the first time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.