Brakes

Participant count
  • Participant list

btnhfan
5,000+ posts

Hail to the King Baby!!!!
Honda says Im going to need new brakes before my next oil change.

Should I just have them put new factory brakes on, or should I go aftermarket?

The reason Im thinking of aftermarket is because I will have an extra 300-400 lbs in the trunk that were not there before. I only need new front brakes. If I should go aftermarket, can anyone suggest brakes?

Will that be fine though?

The car will have 400lbs plus me which is an extra 600 lbs at all time, and that weight can only go up because of batteries.

You could always spend the extra cash for a big break upgrade. The extra 400lbs would, be as if you had your car fully loaded with people all the time. It WILL take longer to stop but not enough to worry you. Just take the extra time to stop. Also auto-zone should have a better set of break pads to help you stop. Take it easy and you will be fine.

dont go big break kit, buy new rotors slotted and a harder pad and upgrade to stainless steal lines and upgrade the fluid and you should be fine and it would cost you too much to do

dont go to a pad thats too much firmer if you go wtih slotted rotors. most of the superhard pads need to be heated to very high temps to be effective. plus theyll screw up the rotors. my friend's powerslot rotors got screwd b/c he ran the superduty pads on just a 1/2 ton pickup

powerslot rotors, better than average pads, and stainless lines will be enough

i run those rotors with their street pads and its a GREAT improvement. i have heavy 35 inch mud tires & heavy ass rims, it stops much better than a stock truck

go with larger rotors, such as wildwood rotors, and a nice pad like EBC.....you'll be set, even if you go with performance upgrades in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

btnhfan

5,000+ posts
Hail to the King Baby!!!!
btnhfan
CT/ GA Tech, Atlanta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date