break in

Tek18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
k.

Breaking in my fi SSD 15", going to put the amp on it this weekend and im going to put it to 1000RMS, so like on the little dial that comes with it that just has min-max what should that be on? and wtb on the HU? any settings on the HU??

box is tuned to 32HZ i was told to just play some 20hz tones through it for a few hours, probually for a week of driving

I'm not exactly sure where to start with this....

Guess the first place would be for you read through the stickies in the amplifier tech section and learn how to properly set your amp settings. This will also educated you on your head unit settings at the same time.

Break in for the sub is just using it. Nothing more or less.

No such thing as breaking in a sub. Jus a myth that got spread around. Out the box on full power and I have never had an issue with a sub doing this.
I would not say it is exactly just a myth. There are some truths to it, but they are shrouded in myth.

I believe in break-in in every piece of gear. In this case I would take it easy for at least 10-15 hours. Especially in home audio gear, amps, pre-amps, cd players, turntables, cartridges, speakers, cables, interconnects, tubes all need in a break-in period. The charaterics of the gear takes time to develop.

I believe in break-in in every piece of gear. In this case I would take it easy for at least 10-15 hours. Especially in home audio gear, amps, pre-amps, cd players, turntables, cartridges, speakers, cables, interconnects, tubes all need in a break-in period. The charaterics of the gear takes time to develop.
Meh, I don't see what your getting at what so ever.

How hard or easy you drive the product will not alter how it "breaks in". Including cables and wires and such is just well i won't go into that.

I have spoken my thoughts on this enough I suppose.

thanks for the thoughts guys! just from being in the previous hobby of RC's , i just believe in break ins, everything runs better once it got a nice break in instead of full throttle ( or full sound ) through it first time, was jwin. i feel full excursion would be good at a low rate

thanks for the thoughts guys! just from being in the previous hobby of RC's , i just believe in break ins, everything runs better once it got a nice break in instead of full throttle ( or full sound ) through it first time, was jwin. i feel full excursion would be good at a low rate
"full excursion would be good at a low rate"??

haha i mean like giving the sub its full movement, slowly. like i think 20hz does that where the sub moves down and up all the way, slow. not very very fast

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.